Airplane and taxi rides

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I gotta get peeps opionion on this. I have a boston interview in February, was think of flying in on Thursday, interview is on friday and leaving right afterwards from the interview.

My question is ?

How close is Logan airport to the dental school

If the interview ends around 230-300, will I have enough time to make it to the airport if my flight leaves at 5:25 pm, Will I be able to get a taxi easily from the school to the airport.

How long was the security waitline on avg at the airport??

Or do you think it would be easier to stay one more night and not risk missing the flight.

thoughts would be appreciated.

HD

Members don't see this ad.

You can arrange for an airport shuttle service to pick you up outside the dental school at 3:00. I don't know how far the airport is but I'm sure its under 1/2 hour.

I did the exact same thing for my Michigan interview. Interview was over at 2:00 i had the shuttle meet me at my hotel at 2:30 and made my flight at 5:00.

Or you can stick around and check out boston on a friday night, but that could be boring if you are by yourself. Invite a friend and make a weekend of it. :)

its 30-40min drive,i stayed at hyatt airport, and it cost around $30 to get to school

If the interview ends around 230-300, will I have enough time to make it to the airport if my flight leaves at 5:25 pm, Will I be able to get a taxi easily from the school to the airport.
you can arrange a taxi to pick you up. mine ended early coz no one attend the financial meeting

very fast, 20min

Members don't see this ad :)
i forgot to mention, dont call a taxi its so expensive in boston that it cost me $7 from airtport to my hotel !!!! get a flat rate, you can find one in the yellow page

hockeydentist said:
Hey guys, I gotta get peeps opionion on this. I have a boston interview in February, was think of flying in on Thursday, interview is on friday and leaving right afterwards from the interview.

My question is ?

Or do you think it would be easier to stay one more night and not risk missing the flight.

thoughts would be appreciated.

HD

I would take the T. I think it's both faster and cheaper, imo

The dental school is only 5 or so miles from Logan .....may take 10-15mins cuz its a drive thru the city but its expensive... about 30 bucks each way... The T will take you there but the dental school is located where there are no subway stops... so you'd be taking the bus most of the way... which is a bitch with a bag and an interview on your mind.

x-linked said:
i forgot to mention, dont call a taxi its so expensive in boston that it cost me $7 from airtport to my hotel !!!! get a flat rate, you can find one in the yellow page

Only 7 bucks... thats cheap... are you sure... where did you stay... I live in boston and know some cabbies in my neighborhood... they charge at least 15 bucks from anywhere in the city to Logan.

Has the weather let up any in Boston?

thanks again
for all the replies

I just hope that I don't have to get up early during the financial aid presentation, so that I have to leave for the airport. Love to stay but airport is calling me.

HD

hockeydentist said:
Has the weather let up any in Boston?

thanks again
for all the replies

I just hope that I don't have to get up early during the financial aid presentation, so that I have to leave for the airport. Love to stay but airport is calling me.

HD

Today is cold but very sunny... but as you all know...blizzard for the past couple of days.... actually yesterday was ok... ok enough to spend all morning shoveling my car out of the snow.... that sucked donkeys!!!!!!!!! I hear theres another storm coming in from the west... in the next couple of days.... but anyhow...its freakin brrrrrrrrr cold!!!!!!!!!!!

boogaking said:
Only 7 bucks... thats cheap... are you sure... where did you stay... I live in boston and know some cabbies in my neighborhood... they charge at least 15 bucks from anywhere in the city to Logan.

i stayed at hyatt regency at airport its only 2min drive but he charged me $7, even more expensive than new york.

any comments, its cheap, but is it convienant??, I.e close to the school versus

best western hotel, that gives you a ride to the hotel from airport, and I think takes you to the school as well the next day.

I would just need a taxi ride from the dental school back to the school.

thanks for all the replies

HD

I know some places have a flat rate from the airport. I know that when I was in Miami there was a flat rate from the airport whether I was a minute away or at the far end of the zone I was in. If you set it up with the hotel then thats cool and probably the better way to go. If you have never been in Boston it might be a pain to get on the T and find out where you are headed and where to get off then get a taxi from there. Go the most direct route because you don't want to worry and should focus on your interview. From the hotel to the airport does not take long at all. Don't worry you will make your flight. If you got time eat at East Ocean City in china town, good stuff. Lol, look for bubble tea drinks as well. sooooooo hungry now...

Hey HD,

Check out the Crosstown Hampton Inn...they have a free shuttle to and from the airport, and the BU dental school is literally a 5 min walk...2 blocks down. That way you'll also get a feel for the area. That's where I stayed. Not much to do around there, but it's great for convenience. Get rates from the web, me and 2 other interviewees were stayin there, they got a room for $99. Not bad considering the transportation expenses u'd be saving.

Hope that helps

well its official, I got my plane ticket for 200 bucks and my hotel for 89 dollars plus tax's my flight leaves boston at 5:10, I should be able to get picked up from the airport and taken to the hotel, I will walk to the dental school so it should be nice.

I am just glad that I am not spending too much money on this trip.

Thanks to all those that answered my annoying questions.

HD