Airplane prices change over the span of 3 days!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr. H

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Listen to this crap, I was looking on Expedia maybe 3 or 4 days ago and the price of a ticket from o'hare to nashville was 75$!
Now, I'm finally ready to buy it and the price is 154!
what kind of BuLL s*** is that?

arghh!!

Members don't see this ad.

please, make a connection to what this has to do with pre allo. Are you interviewing at Vandy? are you visiting the Grand Ole Opry?

Originally posted by Mr. H
Listen to this crap, I was looking on Expedia maybe 3 or 4 days ago and the price of a ticket from o'hare to nashville was 75$!
Now, I'm finally ready to buy it and the price is 154!
what kind of BuLL s*** is that?

arghh!!

REALLY?? +pissed+

Members don't see this ad :)
The connection is that people have to interview to get into medical school, therefore it's directly related to Pre-Allo.

So if anyone has any fligh tips or whatever then holla

3 days???? hah!! Try ONE DAY. I had that happen to me. :(

Originally posted by DW
please, make a connection to what this has to do with pre allo. Are you interviewing at Vandy? are you visiting the Grand Ole Opry?

Maybe it's because I still have the MCAT echoing in my mind but this just sounds like a Verbal section question to me

"The Authors main point is that:

a) Airline tickets go up and down like airplanes
b) He should have bought the ticket 3 days ago
c) It is not good to travel to Nashville
d) The price of Ham in Czechoslovakia just went up 5c.

(Correct answer - d - repercussions in the world economy)

Try this....I had a reservation, and they still did not honor the price. It changed within a 24 hour period from 198 to 554.

do you think I should wait for the price to go down? Or is it just going to stay at this price, what if it goes up!?!

prices change like this often. $74 seems REALLY cheap, though, so don't be surprised if you can't find it again :( i usually find the best deals through orbitz but not always.

Dude buy the ticket now...154 is not bad at all.

A lot of ticket prices are dependent on how far in advance you buy them -- one week, two weeks, on month, etc. Therefore it is not suprising that the prices change in the span of one day.

On one of my interview trips, I was flying Southwest, and the first leg of the trip cost more than the return trip (even though they were 24 hours apart) because I was right at the one-week boundary when I bought the ticket.

I can't believe people are complaining about tickets under 200! I'm just laughing because it's cheaper for me to fly to Nashville from London or Paris than anywhere within 300 miles of where I live in the US:) That is unless it's ski season and we get seasonal flights into the airports about an hour away!

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
3 days???? hah!! Try ONE DAY. I had that happen to me. :(

Yep. Had a flight go from $220 to $420. That sucked...And it was to fly home for Thanksgiving too, so it's not like I had an option to fly a different time.

-RA

This happened to me all throughout the interview process. Don't procrastinate. As soon as you decide when you're going, BOOK the ticket! Orbitz usually has the best flights, but they go fast so hurry. :)

Booking interviews one after another does not always save money either......for example, I had to fly from Boston to Vermont to Chicago to Boston, and it cost me $600 b/c I waited until the last minute to buy tickets.

Take the $154..it's cheap enough. :)

found an awesome fair yesterday--went to buy it today and it was gone! i call up the airline and the guy said, sorry, that fair expired 11 minutes ago and i can't give it to you...he coulda done an override, but didn't :(...i guess that'll teach me...

there's a $78 webfare on orbitz right now from chicago to nashville...good luck!