AL-Birmingham admission from out-of-state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Humps

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how hard it is to get into UAB if you are not an Alabama resident. Hercules, I liked what I heard and want to know more. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Very difficult. They didn't even give me a secondary. :mad: :mad: :mad:

State residency palys an important role. A student who attends college in Alabama does not automatically qualify as a resident. That requires living in Alabama for 12 continuous months and meeting at least 6 of 12 criteria.

2000-2001 class: out of 1,083 out-of-state applicants, 488 were interviewed. 12* were in the entering class of 160. There were probably more accepted, but these 12 chose to attend.

I am an Alabama resident and hoping for either UAB or USA. The reason behind the increased pressure on out of state applicants is that because UAB is a state funded school there is a standard imposed by the state government. This states that 90% of all matriculants must be Alabama residents. This is the reason for the increased competition. I'm not sure about how other states work, but I would be interested if anyone knows.