Alabama state university class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Odtp19

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello every one i was accepted into alabama state about a month ago and i was wondering if anyone got in as well i would love to meet and interact with my future class mates

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I'm not! I'm about 2.5 hours away!
Are you from Montgomery?
Also, have you received the "official packet" from the graduate school? I need to be filling out my financial aid but I need the financial info first... Mrs. Watkins said all of the info would be contained in said packet. I'm a strong type A personality so all of this is killing me.

Im not from montgomery but asu is only 20 mins from me and no i haven't received a packet but i did my financial aid what info do you need

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If i remember correctly the estimate i got was a little over 17k a year

Hey do you plan on taking the suggested anatomy class this summer?

No, only because I go to Texas for a week for a wedding. I definitely would if it wasn't for missing a week of class! Are you?

Yes i graduated last spring but i havent taken anatomy since 2012 so i think i need the review. I think depending on how you feel about anatomy i think it might still be worth it to take even if your missing a week

I'm in! I got the phone call today. I guess I will see you guys this fall!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from the graduate school (email or by post)??

It's been a while, and I just don't know why I haven't heard. They have everything, there's nothing I have left to do... I got everything done super fast and I think I was the first one on here to get the acceptance call. I'm just worried. I've called and everything seems fine... But I'm not sure

It's been a while, and I just don't know why I haven't heard. They have everything, there's nothing I have left to do... I got everything done super fast and I think I was the first one on here to get the acceptance call. I'm just worried. I've called and everything seems fine... But I'm not sure
I haven't even received the packet form yet, but I did get in contact with a friend who is a first year in the program. She said that the grad program usually takes a while, but she told me not to worry. She said for us to enjoy the Summer and get ready for a strenuous Fall semester.

I went to speak to the people at the grad school on monday and they said they still needed the info from the pt school. When i checked back they said the lady that handles out papers was out that day and all she has to do is send out our acceptance letter so im not really sure whats going on

I haven't even received the packet form yet, but I did get in contact with a friend who is a first year in the program. She said that the grad program usually takes a while, but she told me not to worry. She said for us to enjoy the Summer and get ready for a strenuous Fall semester.

Welcome to ASU lol but they like to take their time on things so eventually everything will get done. Just wait until you have to deal with the financial aid office

Welcome to ASU lol but they like to take their time on things so eventually everything will get done. Just wait until you have to deal with the financial aid office

This is rough... I do have a question. Okay, I am working on finishing classes as we speak (Physics II, Cell Biology, and a few Undergrad classes). I received the letter today that stated I need to mail my deposit within 14 days etc... But one of my classes will not be complete until August 10th, and the letter states I need transcripts by August 7th. Also, below that, in the "Rationale Decline" section it states "I will not complete all application requirements by July 31, 2016." Does this mean that I have to have all of my transcripts mailed before July 31st?

This is awesome! I love seeing future students get involved and connected! I am a third year in Mobile, AL at the University of South Alabama. Check these videos out that I made about transitioning into PT school. Best of luck, and let me know if i can help in any other way!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm4TKSoFePkGI4OxkHn6Djg
Thank you! I actually had a chance to binge watch all of them the other day lol. Good stuff btw! I will definitely take a mental note of all the stuff that you covered. It's going to take some adjusting, that's for sure.

I just got the acceptance email from the grad school

Thank you! I actually had a chance to binge watch all of them the other day lol. Good stuff btw! I will definitely take a mental note of all the stuff that you covered. It's going to take some adjusting, that's for sure.

Awesome! Let me know if you have any other questions. Best of luck and stay tuned for more videos!

So has anyone NOT received the acceptance email from the grad school besides me?

Looks like we will find out who our classmates are today!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm pretty excited! I wonder how the 12 credit hours will go this Fall? In my mind it seems easy, but I know the transition will be the hardest part!

I have friends that just graduated from the pt program at asu and they all said these first two semesters are the worst

This should be interesting lol. I know next semester we have biomechanics. I took it in undergrad (it was a joke) and I hope it doesn't tear us to pieces lol. Hopefully we will all have a good study group.

I have friends that just graduated from the pt program at asu and they all said these first two semesters are the worst

I saw that you said you were from the Montgomery area. I know this is a random question, but is ultimate frisbee a thing there? I know if I study 24/7 I am going to drive myself insane, so I am trying to find some activities that I would like lol.

Lol nobody i know plays ultimate frisbee. But my friends and other former pt students play intramural flag football and basketball if your interested.

Lol nobody i know plays ultimate frisbee. But my friends and other former pt students play intramural flag football and basketball if your interested.

I didn't know they had flag football. I guess I will settle for that haha.

You guys send me your email so i can send you the power point notes from the intro to gross anatomy class

Has anyone received any other info, other than the email we received the other day?

Sorry i haven't sent the notes yet ive been super busy but when i get ill send out all the notes as well as everything that will be covered on the first test

And a friend of mine got his orientation packet today so we all should be getting them soon!

Nope... So far, just my Graudate acceptance and the email from Mrs. Watkins. I guess everything will come in tomorrow lol.

I have only gotten the one from Mrs. Watkins... No email from the grad school has made its way to me

No the first test seems that it will be fairly easy if you've studied what we went over in class

I got my orientation packet in the mail today aswell

Does anyone know what items we need for the Fall? All I received in my packet was information about books etc... But I don't know how much money I need to take out in loans for books, items, and anything else we may need. I'm not sure if they just forgot that part in my packet, or if we are supposed to contact them.