Program-Specific Info / Q's Alabama State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ASUBABY

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Was anyone accepted at ASU today and plan to attend? I would love to meet some of my new classmates. Also I currently attend ASU and live in the area so I would be happy to help with giving insight about housing, the campus, or any other questions. Im so excited!!!!!!:soexcited::clap::claps::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello Guys,

Was anyone accepted at ASU today and plan to attend? I would love to meet some of my new classmates. Also I currently attend ASU and live in the area so I would be happy to help with giving insight about housing, the campus, or any other questions. Im so excited!!!!!!:soexcited::clap::claps::banana::banana::banana::banana:
I'm looking to apply this summer! Any advice about applying

Is the campus nice. I'm actually was born in Montgomery Alabama and my extended family lives there. Due to military life I'm living in Kansas. I've never seen the campus.

Members don't see this ad :)
The process at ASU is very laid back, my advice would be to let your personal best assets shine through especially in the personal statement. The program is geared toward community and diversity so the admission's process focusses on the individual, not so much the GPA.

Is the campus nice. I'm actually was born in Montgomery Alabama and my extended family lives there. Due to military life I'm living in Kansas. I've never seen the campus.
The campus is on a growing trend and the large majority of the campus is new buildings or extensively renovated buildings. The Health Science building, in fact, is less than 10 years old. The university is growing a bit faster than can be accommodated right now so there are issues with parking availability and housing. The upside is that as far as the OT program goes all the classes are in that one building. I hope that helps!

The campus is on a growing trend and the large majority of the campus is new buildings or extensively renovated buildings. The Health Science building, in fact, is less than 10 years old. The university is growing a bit faster than can be accommodated right now so there are issues with parking availability and housing. The upside is that as far as the OT program goes all the classes are in that one building. I hope that helps!
Ok! I have a question! Is there a certain score that I need to get on the GRE or MAT. I was wondering should I take Biology and College Algebra over? I received a "C" in those classes. So I'm forward to apply because this my second year applying to OT school. It's a learning experience. It's nice to hear other people prospectives. I'm trying to grasp so much information about the programs that I'm applying to. What other science did you take besides Biology and Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2. I'm leaning more towards Microbiology but I wonder will they accept pathophysiology. Do you have a Facebook page? So we can stay in contact if you don't mind?

Ok! I have a question! Is there a certain score that I need to get on the GRE or MAT. I was wondering should I take Biology and College Algebra over? I received a "C" in those classes. So I'm forward to apply because this my second year applying to OT school. It's a learning experience. It's nice to hear other people prospectives. I'm trying to grasp so much information about the programs that I'm applying to. What other science did you take besides Biology and Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2. I'm leaning more towards Microbiology but I wonder will they accept pathophysiology. Do you have a Facebook page? So we can stay in contact if you don't mind?
ASU is pretty lenient and understanding about grades, I had 2 C'S in Developmental Psychology and in Statistics. Also I was granted admission into the program with 2 prereqs left that I am completing this summer (Physics and Human Physiology) the main thing is not falling below that 2.7. My other science was just an upper level Biology course basically Bio 2, I was worried about needing another science course until I went and spoke with the department chair and she told me that would suffice. As far as the GRE goes I've heard its not weighed heavily in the decision process but I cannot say for sure. My advice to you would be to reach out to the Department Chair, she is very laid back and always willing to help. I went into the process thinking I wasn't even going to receive an interview, but instead I was one of the 24 accepted into the program...so you just never know! Yes, I do send me a private message and I'll give you my info. I'm more than happy to help.

ASU is pretty lenient and understanding about grades, I had 2 C'S in Developmental Psychology and in Statistics. Also I was granted admission into the program with 2 prereqs left that I am completing this summer (Physics and Human Physiology) the main thing is not falling below that 2.7. My other science was just an upper level Biology course basically Bio 2, I was worried about needing another science course until I went and spoke with the department chair and she told me that would suffice. As far as the GRE goes I've heard its not weighed heavily in the decision process but I cannot say for sure. My advice to you would be to reach out to the Department Chair, she is very laid back and always willing to help. I went into the process thinking I wasn't even going to receive an interview, but instead I was one of the 24 accepted into the program...so you just never know! Yes, I do send me a private message and I'll give you my info. I'm more than happy to help.
Ok! I just got off the telephone with her. She seems really nice! Thanks! I will send you a message

Reactions: 1 user
If anyone can help me I was wondering what my chances were for ASU, its my top choice school next to GRU!

University: Valdosta State University
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.15
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5-3.7
GRE: 147 Q 150 V
Extra-Curric: 110 OT hours
Volunteer: 200 hrs at an elementary school doing various tasks
Applied: Dyouville, Howard, Alabama state, U Al Birmingham, Adventist, Ga Regents
Acceptances: D'youville, waiting on the rest!
Rejections: N/A
Interviews: N/A

OTgirlLL, I'm also applying for this year, and it's a top choice for me as well.... I was wondering the same thing. As it says above though apparently they focus more on you as an individual fit for OT, rather than GPA and whatnot...Which is a relief for me, lol (my overall GPA isn't too hot).

I received an interview email this morning from GRU! itll be on February 5th !

Reactions: 1 users
Recieved an interview invite to ASU today! Who else got one?

Members don't see this ad :)
Recieved an interview invite to ASU today! Who else got one?
major congrats to you hun, I wasn't as lucky though! I received my email today saying that theyre not able to offer me one....but GOOD LUCK !!!

I received an invite too! I'm a little worried because it's so late. I hope they make offers quickly.

@OTgirlLL
Thank you so much!

@pawpride1
The class is so small, it's a little discouraging. They said it was a record amount of applications, I just wonder how many applied and how many they gave interviews to.

Last edited:
well they decided to not extend an interview to me
I'm sorry to hear that. But you were accepted to a program, so congrats! I've yet to be accepted and am starting to get nervous.

I feel like I did okay. I did blank out on a question though. How about you?
I am a little worried because it seemed to be a short interview. I think it is an important part of the process so I hope I did ok. I hope we get in!

I am a little worried because it seemed to be a short interview. I think it is an important part of the process so I hope I did ok. I hope we get in!
Do you know how many people interviewed?

Just to clarify and calm my nerves, no one has heard anything from ASU yet right?

I'm interviewing at the UTHSC tomorrow, it's my last hope!
I wish you the best of luck! Are you from the Montgomery area or are you out of state? I am in the local area and I won't have the opportunity to go out of state so this was it for me.

I wish you the best of luck! Are you from the Montgomery area or are you out of state? I am in the local area and I won't have the opportunity to go out of state so this was it for me.
I'm from Tennessee! I'm sorry :( the class is so small, it's just so competitive. Have you checked out UAB?

I'm from Tennessee! I'm sorry :( the class is so small, it's just so competitive. Have you checked out UAB?
I would have to take 8 classes over because they are too old and I really don't want to do that. I am debating if I should apply again to ASU. I know I don't know you but are you on Facebook. I wanted to ask you something about the process at ASU and I don't want to post it online?

Hello Guys,

Hi, I am currently researching schools to apply for OT. ASU is my #1 choice. Just curious if you know if they'll accept you with a bachelors in Healthcare Management? Any other info on how to up my chances for getting in would be greatly appreciated also!

I'm looking to apply in the fall , please give me advice I'm nervous about applying . I have changed majors a lot so my gpa isn't where I wanted it at a 2.7 still have this semester and next to go then I'm finished

I'm looking to apply in the fall , please give me advice I'm nervous about applying . I have changed majors a lot so my gpa isn't where I wanted it at a 2.7 still have this semester and next to go then I'm finished
I also need 3 of the pre reqs