Albany College of Pharmacy Early Decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AtomicLuv

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!
I am new here!
I just wanted to know if anyone has applied to Albany Pharmacy College (to the accelerated pharm d program), and if accepted, what were your stats?
How competitive is entry into this program?
is it easier to get accepted when applying early decision?
Also, would applying before fulfilling pre-req's to the early decision be looked upon as bad by admissions?? (is being listed as an English major okay??)

thanks! eagerly awaiting your responces! :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I applied there on Jan. 15th and got my acceptance letter two weeks later. From what I have read on here, your GPA is what is very important with this particular school. I have a 3.9, a BA, and a 99 PCAT (but I don't think they require PCAT and they admitted me before my PCAT scores were available). I called the school several times and they were always very polite and helpful. I seriously considered the school and would loved to have been finished in 3 years but I couldn't get myself packed and moved to Albany by mid-May. Plus, they wanted a $500 dollar deposit almost immediately and I hadn't heard back from any other schools.
Good :luck: !

Hi, I was accepted with a 3.95 GPA, BS, and 99 PCAT. I applied early decision but was rolled over to the regular decision. I hadn't completed Org Chem II and Physics II at the time of my acceptance, so I think as long as you have most of the pre-reqs completed when you apply, you should be ok. Good luck!