Albany --future Master's option?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cardiac chick

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interested to hear from anyone familiar with Albany's PA program. On their website they mention the possibility of a Master's option in the future. Do any current students know how soon this will happen? Also--how happy were you with their program ?
Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

There are alot of schools that are attempting to convert from a BS to a masters lately. Many are offering recent grads. the option of a masters with very little extra (maybe one semester). The difference in medical knowledge is almost non-existant between the two degrees. The extra classes will be in research/epidemiology/and courses like "health care for the poor" Worth getting the degree because some hospitals slot your salary, but it wont help you much clinically.

Oh, in case your wondering how -- and this is kinda cheating--but they actually go back and change the numbers on classes to accomodate the degree. Micro 404 majically becomes micro 505 on your transcript! I was shocked, but I was told schools do it all the time.

hey do you guys know when and what schools will be doing this? I'm sure my friend would be interested and I'd love to tell him about it...thanks :)