Albany "Hold" for Wait List???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

holler79

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone that was put on hold after interviewing at Albany heard anything about when they would start taking from the wait list? I thought it was June but I was wondering if anyone heard yet.

Members don't see this ad.

In the official wait-list-movement-thread there is a posting that someone heard from Albany on 5/18 (I think...?) but I'm on the hold list there too, and I haven't heard anything. I was thinking about calling, but since the letter specifically said they weren't going to make the list until June I didn't.

Sigh. Wait listlessly waiting my days away... :)

Jade~

I did call today. They told me that everyone on hold has not heard anything at this point. In June they will begin to pick people off the hold list to put on the alternate list. We will be ranked and will get a better idea then exactly where we stand. Although they will not tell you specifically what that position is, they can give you a relative idea.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah thanks for calling!

I checked back on the waitlist thread and someone did say they heard from Albany on 5/16. (Not 18th.) Dunno.

So that means we could still be rejected from Albany. Do you think they've rejected anybody at all yet?

Jade~

Hi, everyone -

It's now June 9th...and I haven't heard anything about being on the alternate list yet. I'll probably call them tomorrow if no one has heard anything.

Everyone on "hold" was sent an e-mail soon after their interview about being "still under consideration," right?

Does this mean that we can still be rejected?

CTKN

Yes, I do think we can still be rejected. I think in June it is also possible to be accepted. Here's to optimism.

I really liked Albany. Not a big name, but everyone seemed so nice.

Jade~

Please post if you've heard anything- acceptance, rejection, or waitlist - from Albany!

Thanks!

Hi, everyone,

I called the admissions office today, and they told me that they have not yet ranked the alternate list. They are very late with the process, but you should be expecting some sort of letter or e-mail letting you know if you're on the alternate list in a couple of weeks. They are trying to implement an online form but may resort to snail mail.

I hope this helps!!

I just received an e-mail from Albany today saying that I was placed on the Alternate (Wait) List. It explained that the class is full but with "turnover" people would be taken off the list until August 28th.

i was the person (or one of the poeple) accepted on 5/15. i withdrew that week. they processed my withdrawal 6/6. good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear from albany.

I just heard today from Albany that I'm on the alternate list.

Anyone know how big the alternate list is going to be? Has anyone called and tried to get an approximate idea of where on the list they are?

The email says the class is currently full. :(

Jade~

I have not called yet but I hope the alternate list starts moving soon. I fear I will have to wait all summer. Anyone who calls or hears anything please post.

The due date for the accepting the alternate list placement (online) is June 29th. I'm assuming that it is after that date that they tell us our rank on the alternate list. What do you all think?

No..Albany won't tell you your rank. Its a "secret" :rolleyes:

I thought that the committee vote was confidential, not your rank on the list...

I thought when we interviewed they said they won't tell us our rank.