Albany Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmbowdoin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Anybody interview at Albany recently have any information?

I'm from CT so will be driving up in the morning. Is parking readily available?

Insight? Suggestions? About anything Albany!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

TIGIBedHead

Fever to Tell
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, congrats on your interview. To answer your question, the hospital has visitor parking. The Albany admissions people are so nice- they don't want you to pay out of pocket for parking, so they ask during the interview day if anyone needs a free parking pass. They really take care of you during the interview day. Have fun and let us know how it goes! :luck:

Timmythemic22

Beep Beep Ribby Ribby
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had an interview there last week. As mentioned above, the admissions people are incredibly friendly, and really do a great job of portraying the school in a positive light. I only received one interview, though the norm is two. My interviewer was very laid back, and although he asked some difficult healthcare and ethical questions, he was not imposing and I felt very comfortable giving my honest opinion. I've only heard one horror story about an interviewer there, which could really be a trumped up urban premed (new scary story category?) legend.

Supposedly, beware the S-L-O-W-E man.

Yes, I'm aware how I spelled it.

Members don't see this ad :)

kmbowdoin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey there,

thanks for the feedback--but to be clear, i should just park in the hospital visitor parking and then they'll give me a pass for when i leave? and is it a long walk from parking to the admissions building?

also, i too have read some of the interview horror stories--many thanks for your feedback about your specific interviews! definately relaxing to read.

best of luck to you!
k

TIGIBedHead

Fever to Tell
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Although I didn't need a parking pass, that's how I understood it. The walk from parking to admissions isn't too long. You'll have to cross the road from parking and walk back up towards the entrance. If you look at the "Locating the Admissions Office" link on your status page, visitor parking is in the blue area, and Neil Hellman is the MS building right across the road. The written directions tell you how to get to building R, which is the admissions office. Let me know if I can clarify anything.

DoctorMom78

Sky Glory
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Anybody interview at Albany recently have any information?

I'm from CT so will be driving up in the morning. Is parking readily available?

Insight? Suggestions? About anything Albany!

Thanks!

There is tons of parking there. Don't park in the garage though because you will be driving around forever looking for a spot. The admissions people are really nice and Albany is a great place to live. Good luck!:luck: