Albany interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by slovene, Dec 7, 2001.

1. slovene

slovene New Member

I got an interview at Albany med and I want to know what you people, that have had an interview there this year, think about the school? Thanks alot and good luck to you all!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper

This seems to be a hot topic. You should be able to find a lot of info in recent posts. SMW and I both have interviewed there recently. It shouldn't take you a long time at all to find an abundance of info. Post specific questions if you need help.

Enjoy yourself when you're there. For the most part, those at my interview were pretty nervous.

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member

See the threads "What does Albany stress?" and "SMW, How is New York?" for my comments on my interview there and the thread "Is Albany a good school?" for some SDNers' opinions. Albany is pretty darned small, even for an Alaska girl (from oh-so-cosmopolitan Anchorage! ;) ), but I liked the school and the people, both students and my interviewers. There are a lot of older, non-traditional students there. Welcome to SDN, and congrats/best of luck on your interview!!! :D

5. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper

That's funny, I didn't find it too small. Guess that could be the result of having first interviewed at USA, which is absolutely tiny. The Albany med school is located IN the hospital, which I think is the best possible setup.

If it weren't for the absolutely outrageous tuition, I would have no problem at all going there. Well, the weather might get to me. If I am accepted, my attendance will be contingent upon the receipt of much financial aid (in the form of grants or scholarships). Scholarships, for the most part, are need-based at Albany...so there is hope. I just don't see how people there can take out such HUGE loans and not have a nervous breakdown. The stress of knowing what must be paid back might be enough to break me!

6. SMW

SMW Grand Member

Yeah, it's not at the top of my list also for that reason. I'd like to go to my state school, but my state doesn't have a school, so I get to compete for one of the 10 (!) Alaska WWAMI spots at U. of Washington. :(

7. altaskier

altaskier Altaholics Anonymous 92'

Slovene, when is your interview? I got an interview there for Jan 2, but I'm gonna contact them and change it b/c I can't make it.

altaskier

8. slovene

slovene New Member

my interview is on jan 2. kinda sucks, but you do what you gotta do right?

9. altaskier

altaskier Altaholics Anonymous 92'

well I was just going to re-scedule it. It says that you can reschedule once. I'll see what they say though.