Albany is now up!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mystique, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator

Resident [Any Field]
    Albany's supplemental is now up and running. Check your e-mail. It's quite simple; I just finished mine a few minutes ago. That's the last one for me!!! It feels good to be done.

:)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Drako

Drako Senior Member

Attending Physician
    hurray!

4. C U in MD school

C U in MD school Senior Member

can u guys post the site pls? thanx.

5. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper

I hope you don't think I'm being petty, but I have a two questions about the Albany app. Here goes:

1) IDENTIFY MEANINGFUL ACTIVITIES YOU WANT US TO FOCUS ON: I'd like to think that all of my activites were meaningful and, ideally, want those who review my application to focus on each one. Therefore, I'd like to include employment. I believe that my employment was a service to the community, though indicating my jobs in the "Non-Health Related Community Service" slots may be a stretch. Are servers in a restaurant not serving their community (it's implied in the job title!)? They allow you to indicate that it was a paid service. How did you approach this? Will I look like I'm being "sneaky" or "sly" by putting jobs in these slots?

2) WHAT ONE LIFE EXPERIENCE WOULD YOU LIKE TO TALK ABOUT DURING AN INTERVIEW: Why did they need to set a 1000 character limit!?! Are people actually going to use all of this space? What's the point of discussing it at an interview if you've already inserted every detail. I think the ADCOMs will appreciate brevity in this instance. Do you agree? How did you approach this?

Thanks in advance for your help. Your answers to my questions should help me finish this application tonight. I'd like to get another one out of the way. After this one, I've only got 5 more!

6. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper

Ok, so maybe there were more than two questions in that last post. :D