Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Albany MC lodging

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jmcnyc, Jan 29, 2002.

1. jmcnyc

jmcnyc Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Has anyone stayed with a student at Albany the night before their interview? Is this a better option than forking over the cash for a hotel in the area? Also what do you know about the orientation on wednesday evening...is it worth it?

thanks

2. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

I stayed with a student at Albany and also at the one other interview I've been to. I had such good experiences both times that I'm lining up students hosts for all my other interviews, even if the school doesn't have an organized hosting program. I think it's by far the best option. Not
    only do you save money, you get a more candid insight into the school, housing, and the city than you would get from the organized interview events. I thought the Albany evening meeting was definitely worth going to, not so much for the
    information, but for the chance to meet other students (it's put on by second years) besides my host(ess). It's also where you meet your host(ess). After the meeting a bunch of us went out for a drink (second years and interviewees). Much more fun and informative than staying in a hotel room stressing over my interview the next morning would have been. Best of luck with your interview(s). :) :)

3. dynamite

dynamite Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

i agree. i stayed with a first year and he gave me some valuable insight about the interview as well as brought up points about the school that i did not think of and that could only have come from an honest student at the school. we went to hooters after the informational meeting and talked over buffalo wings. it was great. also, you get to see the housing situation of the students, which is valuable if you intend to go there. let us know how your interview goes. they let you know a week after your interview what your status is. i interviewed on a saturday, they met on tuesday to vote on that week's interviewees, and on wednesday they emailed me an acceptance!!! now that's one quick, decisive school! good luck, and know that you won't have to worry about a long wait.

4. praying mantis

praying mantis Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

If you do choose to stay at a hotel, try Priceline. I got a great price in Albany. But now, I wish I had gone the student route!

5. jmcnyc

jmcnyc Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks guys

6. trout

trout Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey jmcnyc....I sent you a pm if you want to read it!