Albany Medical College or The Commonwealth Medical College?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been accepted to both but really can't decide between the two. I really liked TCMC (facilities, location, enthusiasm of the students/faculty) but am a little wary since it's a new school. I thought AMC was just ok. The facilities were old, Albany was nothing great, but the students were happy and the school itself is well established.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is if the school's length of establishment should be a criteria for choosing between the two? I'm just not sure if it's right of me to weigh the fact that TCMC is new as a negative. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! :D

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds like you REALLY prefer TCMC. Maybe because it's in my state, but the fact that it's a new school wouldn't keep me from matriculating if it was the school I liked best. Congrats on your acceptances!

Go where you feel most comfortable, and is cheapest. I am born and raised in Albany...it really is nothing special. Although commonwealth is in Harrisburg IIRC...and I would def give Albany (the city) a higher score than Hburg.

Members don't see this ad :)
Go where you feel most comfortable, and is cheapest. I am born and raised in Albany...it really is nothing special. Although commonwealth is in Harrisburg IIRC...and I would def give Albany (the city) a higher score than Hburg.
It's in Scranton.

Maybe it would help to visit both campuses again and talk with more students. I too would be bedazzled by shiny new buildings, but also consider cost-of-living, safety of the area, convenient, near-by living accomodations and exercize facilities and shopping, type of curriculum, P/F grading, closeness to home, etc as well as total anticipated costs for four years. Since you'd be in the second class, most of the kinks should be worked out for the clinical years' locations by the time you get there.

Thank you all for the advice. :) I think a revisit to both will be in order.

Any others who would like to comment would be more than appreciated!

man i am waiting to hear back from there. I really want to go here.

Status
Not open for further replies.