Albany Medical College vs NYMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PokerDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know people dont like these threads very much but I was wondering if anyone could compare these two schools for me.

Im mostly concerned about the quality of professors/lectures/curriculum.

Some of the things I've boiled down myself is that NYMC is a more desirable place to be in than Albany as far as location goes.

Albany is adjacent to its own hospital which is an advantage there.

Albany has enormous tuition but NYMC is a more expensive place to live by a decent buck so the total costs may be somewhat close.

Any information anyone could provide would be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

If there's something people hate more than school A vs. school B threads, it's comparing a school you're accepted at to a school you have not been accepted to.
Don't count your eggs before they hatch.

If there's something people hate more than school A vs. school B threads, it's comparing a school you're accepted at to a school you have not been accepted to.
Don't count your eggs before they hatch.

thank you for not answering my question yet feeling as if you needed to contribute your arrogance anyway. I have every right to make a thread as you do to ignore one.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
thank you for not answering my question yet feeling as if you needed to contribute your arrogance anyway. I have every right to make a thread as you do to ignore one.

You have every right to make this thread, but no merit. If you look closely, you'll see I did answer your question. For you, there's no point in comparing the two because your only option is Albany. I did not comment on the quality of Albany, did not look down upon you for having one acceptance, or hold myself superior in any way for going to a different school. In fact, I congratulate you on getting into a school. I find it more arrogant of you to pretend like you've got two schools in the bag than for me to contribute to this thread. Furthermore, I consider your post to be trolling as much as the ones regarding which hotdogs I'll eat to get into school. SDN is littered enough with slightly annoying, albeit legitimate, school v. school threads. If everyone started a thread for the hypothetical schools they may or may not be accepted to, this forum would go down the drain. I wish you the best with NYMC.

You have every right to make this thread, but no merit. If you look closely, you'll see I did answer your question. For you, there's no point in comparing the two because your only option is Albany. I did not comment on the quality of Albany, did not look down upon you for having one acceptance, or hold myself superior in any way for going to a different school. In fact, I congratulate you on getting into a school. I find it more arrogant of you to pretend like you've got two schools in the bag than for me to contribute to this thread. Furthermore, I consider your post to be trolling as much as the ones regarding which hotdogs I'll eat to get into school. SDN is littered enough with slightly annoying, albeit legitimate, school v. school threads. If everyone started a thread for the hypothetical schools they may or may not be accepted to, this forum would go down the drain. I wish you the best with NYMC.

PreMD, would you like some help removing that stick from your ass?

PokerDoc: I'm not sure "quality" is the best way to compare med schools. Generally, all MD schools are of "high quality." And, generally, you're going to learn most on your own anyway. I suggest picking the place that you will be most happy at, assuming you get into both. So "nice place to live" is a good reason to pick NYMC. It's always nice to plan ahead so you have an idea of what to do if/when good news comes around. But I'm not sure there's much to compare besides money and the living situation.

thanks for your opinion gplex.. i guess when you step back and look at things money and location really are the big ones. I did like NYMC's location better but i hated how almost everyone lived in those little dorms across the street.. It reminds me of my first two years of undergrad.

Last edited:
I think if you get into NYMC you should go there, then I can maybe get your spot at Albany! :D

Honestly though, I think you'd get a good education at either one, just go where you feel most comfortable and where you'd be happiest for 4 years.