Albany News

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C U in MD school

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that several of us are still waiting to hear from Albany. I still haven?t heard anything. I know that last week some ppl were worried that they were gonna be getting some news this wee. So? anyone has any news/info to share with us this week? Anyone get accepted this or last week? Anyone call the adm office and/or had the adm office call them?

Members don't see this ad.

i can't help you with specifics, since i was accepted to albany last month, but i can say that they are EXTREMELY FRIENDLY. sara kremer (who i think is the dean or director of admissions...) loves the telephone as a mode of communication. she thinks email is impersonal. my point is, if you are still waiting to hear, and are expecting a decision soon, give the office a call. im sure they'd be happy to tell you what stage your file is in.
the committee meets every tuesday to review the previous week's interviewees, so things should move along quickly since they've sent out their first round of acceptances.

from what i can gather, albany is now at the point where if they really want you, you will be accepted within 2-3 weeks of your interview. i'm not sure about rejections, but if you fall into the "still under consideration" category, you may not hear anything for quite some time. i was lucky enough to have any interviewer who welcomed me to call her with any questions. i took advantage of it, and she told me that i was in the still under consideration group. when i called the admissions office i was told that the people who were still under consideration will eventually get an email outlining the waitlist process. she said that none of these emails have gone out (as of yesterday) and that she didn't know when they would start sending them.

the people at albany are very friendly on the phone, but they really aren't able to give you much information.

Members don't see this ad :)
The decision I was told I would soon receive has not arrived yet. I'm thinking I will have it by Friday, hopefully. How long does it take for mail to travel from NY to FL!?!

Good luck everyone. I'll let you know what I hear.

thanx guys. i just hate all this waiting. i had my interview on 12/12 and i still havent heard anything. i called them 2x so far and they told me that my file has gone in for review. which im guessing i have a score by now (plz correct me if im on the wrong path). however, that's all they have told me.
ssd: did they tell u when u called that u are in the "still under consideration" category? and if you are in that category it means that you are placed on the waitlist?
DrSuga: thanx for the info about dr. k. Did you call her before you got your acceptance? and if so, could you plz share with us what you talked about.
SwampMan: i feel you. i hope you that mail soon. did they say that it was in the mail? i would think that 4-5 days would be enough time for a letter to travel that far.
i have a feeling that something is goona go down this week. i hope they had a good adm meeting today and decided all of our scores are good enough to get in. that would be nice... one can only dream.

C U:
one of my interviewers told me that i was in the "still under consideration" group, not the admissions office. i don't know if the secretaries in the admissions office can tell you anything that's very useful. you interviewed the week after me, which leads me to believe that you are probably destined for the same fate as me if you have yet to hear anything. for your sake, i hope that i am wrong.

i would imagine that when they get around to sending out the waitlist email, it will give you the choice of being added to the waitlist or withdrawing your application from furthur consideration. only time will tell....

ssd: thanx for the info. let me just get this right. anyone who is in the category will be placed on the waitlist?
do u know when this waitlist may come out?

unless you are rejected or accepted right off the bat, i don't think we will know anything until the email comes out. don't hold your breath...