1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Albany Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by gooseHC, Feb 1, 2002.

1. gooseHC

gooseHC Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was just wondering that if you don't receive an email within a week of your interview if you are fated for the almighty hold til May pile or a rejection?? do all of those accepted receive an email just after their interview??
    just wondering..thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper
    7+ Year Member

I think that's how they run things up there, Goose.

Oh, I do love Albany...evil commies. :D I'm not bitter at all. I promise. ;)

4. trout

trout Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey actually it should be at least two weeks...I believe the meet on wed afternoon/eve and you can call then. Sometimes they don't get to everyone so it might even be 3.....

5. CalBear

CalBear Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

the admissions committee meets the tuesday after you interview and gives you a score. if you have a really high score, they give you an immediate acceptance and notify you via e-mail that day or the next morning (weds). however, if you don't receive the e-mail, there is still hope b/c you are not rejected. it's just that the people they give immediate acceptances had very high scores. at the end of the interview season, albany then looks at the applicants who were not given immediate acceptances and makes a waitlist, which is ranked in order of your score. if you have a good score in comparison to those who are on the waitlist, chances are, you will eventually be accepted. unfortunately, they won't tell you what you rank.
    good luck.

calbear

6. Daredevil

Daredevil Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I have the same situation here. I haven't received any kind of notice from them after my interview, even though I thought the interviews went quite well. Oh well, more waiting for me.