*curtsies*
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2002
TX
Visit site
Status (Visible)
hey

i filled it out a few days ago. I think the question was, "Describe yourself". Yes. Describe yourself. 1000 characters. NOT VAGUE AT ALL. NOPE.

hope this helps spidey

About the Ads

Pickle Salt

*curtsies*
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2002
TX
Visit site
Status (Visible)
yeah they want both a photo and the essay. There were other questions that didn't relate to me on there: question about reapplication; question about relatives at AMC....

Jessbless

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Actually I just received Albany's Secondary today. Here are the essay questions:

1. Describe Yourself (1,000 character limit)

2. If selected for an interview, what one life experience would you most like to talk about? (160 Character Limit)

3. If your school has a Premedical Committee but you are not using that service, please indicate why? ( 1,000 Character Limit)

C

CyclinE

I like the describe yourself question, gives you a chance to talk about who you are, vs. just rambling about experiences. :)

TroutBum

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2002
Denver, CO
Visit site
Status (Visible)
I also like the "describe yourself" question. But the character limit is pretty stingy (1000 characters, ~eleven lines), and I can't help shake the feeling that I'm taking out a personal ad: "I like witty conversation, pina coladas, and walks in the rain." Haha, do you think that would go over well with the admissions people? :laugh:

calbears84

professional baller
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2001
berkeley, ca
Visit site
Status (Visible)
how did you guys answer the "describe yourself" question? i actually find thsi question quite difficult to answer. I don't want to be too cocky and i don't wanna be too modest.

calipaww

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2002
cali
Visit site
Status (Visible)
hey guys i have much more to say than space provided about what i have been doing this year. i have a sup[plemental statement . do you guyd think it is a good idea to mail it in with my payment?? it talks about problems i may have had through my undergrad years.

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Platinum Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by calbears84
how did you guys answer the "describe yourself" question? i actually find thsi question quite difficult to answer. I don't want to be too cocky and i don't wanna be too modest.

I will attach a photgraph of myself and write "stud" on the back

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads