ALBANY tomorrow

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by shamthis, Oct 31, 2002.

1. I realize there are givers and there are takers; there's a whole "cast" of character-types that utilize this message board. There are people who do nothing but lurk, others are therapists, others bash people. I tend to lurk, police people who cross me the wrong way, and whine. That's the role of the "token reapplicant." From Webster's: The "token reapplicant", Unwantedus motherfukerus, indigenous to Master's programs and research laboratories everywhere, thrives on the sympathy and advice of his peers.

I. Toward that end, I wish to remind all Albany applicants that tomorrow is AMC's 'early-season' judgment day. I called yesterday and asked when we would know and the kind woman informed me that notification may be sent tomorrow.

II. Some people mentioned that if we are waitlisted or rejected, we will receive e-mail notification. Rumor has it only acceptances are sent the slow way.

Combining factoids I and II, we should know our fate tomorrow. I am especially excited, since this could mean closure.

Does anybody agree? Could it be?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TysonCook

TysonCook Senior Member
    Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Last year I was accepted by email (I declined), roughly 1-2 weeks after my interviews. My brother is a fourth year student there and has done quite well. He recieved his acceptence by email as well and a hand written letter from the dean followed a few days later. One thing for sure is that for what Albany lacks in facilities it makes up for in personal touch.

Good luck!

4. I wish that was so. Email acceptances. Wow. For some reason, though, I recall somebody either here or in Albany saying acceptances were to be send via US mail.

5. SolidGold

SolidGold Florida winters are the best!
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hey Sham, as a fellow reapplicant, I wish you the best of luck on the decision you receive.

Does this make me a therapist?

6. hahah, no, it makes you a phony bastard

seriosuly- thanks- and best of luck to you.

7. Maple

7+ Year Member

Last year Albany emailed accepted candidates and then sent a letter via us mail. Those who were destined to be rejected were also contacted quickly. Waitlisted people had to basically wait for a bit to receive a mass update email about the status of the waitlist and when it be formed etc.. Basically, if you didn't hear from them in the the time period they told you, you were probably waitlisted.

To give those who are waiting an idea of the email notification, here is the email I received in the summer after getting off the waitlist:

TO: Maple

FROM: Sara J. Kremer, Assistant Dean for Admissions and Student Records

DATE: 07/22/2002

RE: Status Update

Be on the lookout for an envelope from the Albany Medical College. Lest we keep you in suspense, it contains a letter with the words "Congratulations.you have been accepted for admission."

I hope you are as excited to receive this good news, as we are to send it!

good luck!

8. dpy

dpy Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

anyone hear anything from them yet?

good luck to everyone!

9. calipaww

calipaww Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

anyone here anything? BUMP ???

10. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper
    7+ Year Member

I was not notified by email last year. My post-interview rejection from Albany was sent via snail mail.

Good luck. Reapplying sucks! Persistence is key, though. ;)

11. smilies

smilies Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

any word?

12. whyadoctor?

whyadoctor? Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

interviewed on halloween. they said that the adcom would make the cutoffs on either 11/01 or 11/04. they didn't say how long it would take to email acceptances after the cutoffs were made.

13. ShortStuff

ShortStuff a trueblue spitfire
    7+ Year Member

I was rejected by Albany today. boo. they said a whole bunch of decisions were made today. Good luck to all of yoU!!!!

14. by email? by the way, I am very sorry...

15. ShortStuff

7+ Year Member

thanks, I called to find out because i had been complete for along time. I think today was a big day b/c the woman said "this was just decided I am sorry you have been declined for an interview"

I am not sure though how they will be sending them out...

16. I'm very sorry. Have any post-interview fates been decided?

17. ShortStuff

7+ Year Member

YOu mean from Albany?? sorry I have no idea....

18. calipaww

calipaww Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

how did you find out??? thanks :)