Albany Vs. Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Disinence2

Emergency Medicine
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok. So i promised myself i wouldn't ever start one of these threads but i could really use some insight.

These are my 2 options. MSU is about 56K a year while Albany is like 43K.
However MSU is very nice with great facilies, Albany is rather run down.
MSU has pass fail grading, Albany has Pass Fail Honors.
Most of MSU's class goes into family practice ( I dont want to do family practice) Albanys match list seems must better than MSU's.
Both are freezing cold
MSU does the science cluster of classes, then PBL 2nd year.
Albany is no PBL, and organ based curriculum (big deal to me)

So... what do you guys think? What would you pick and why?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm trying to decide between MSU and OSU, so I'm interested in what people have to say about MSU as well.
- So far, I have been very impressed with MSU's administration and the sense of community, and East Lansing is a nice college town.
- The Pass/Fail is nice
- Another downside to MSU (at least to me) is their exam policy - tests are almost every Monday. There's more, so if you bomb one it's okay, but there is also more constant stress and it might make it hard to enjoy weekends knowing there's an exam on Monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to State D.

Actually, you gotta decide what's best for you man. You have a pretty nice little break down there and it seems you are leaning toward Albany. Just decide which of those things are most important to you and decide. If that doesn't work, you can always flip a coin.

I'm sure you'll do fine at either and we won't hate you forever for not joining us, just for a few months or so ;)

These are my 2 options. MSU is about 56K a year while Albany is like 43K.
However MSU is very nice with great facilies, Albany is rather run down.
MSU has pass fail grading, Albany has Pass Fail Honors.
Most of MSU's class goes into family practice ( I dont want to do family practice) Albanys match list seems must better than MSU's.
Both are freezing cold
MSU does the science cluster of classes, then PBL 2nd year.
Albany is no PBL, and organ based curriculum (big deal to me)

So... what do you guys think? What would you pick and why?

Sorry - but, "great facilities"????
It seems kind of run down, depressing & institutional, if you ask me.
But I haven't been to Albany to compare.
Where are you from? Do you care where you live?
I'd probably go w/Albany if you don't feel strongly either way, just b/c of the price tag. I wouldn't worry about what the rest of the class goes into.

for msu, could you get in-state tuition after your first year?