Albany Waitlist Formation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Waiting4Drexel

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, i posted this in the allo class thread, but thought it would be better suited for the pre-allo forum. hopefully some of you albany waitlisters might be able to clarify something for me.

anyway, during the interview day i thought i remembered the director of admissions say that the people that are "still under consideration" will be contacted to see if they would like to be placed on the waitlist. only those people who respond to this inquiry will be placed on the waitlist and have a chance of being accepted off of it.

this is how it works, right? or am i confusing different schools here? it seems a bid odd since i know that a few SDNers were put in the "under consideration category" and got in already.

anyone know if this is right, and if so, when they start contacting people?

Members don't see this ad.

I merely received the under consideration email. They never asked me if I wanted to be placed in it. This was awhile ago and I got in last month. Good thing they didn't ask because I might not have said yes. In hindsight, I based too much of my feelings for the school on the faculty interviewer who was very rude and unprofessional.

hey, i posted this in the allo class thread, but thought it would be better suited for the pre-allo forum. hopefully some of you albany waitlisters might be able to clarify something for me.

anyway, during the interview day i thought i remembered the director of admissions say that the people that are "still under consideration" will be contacted to see if they would like to be placed on the waitlist. only those people who respond to this inquiry will be placed on the waitlist and have a chance of being accepted off of it.

this is how it works, right? or am i confusing different schools here? it seems a bid odd since i know that a few SDNers were put in the "under consideration category" and got in already.

anyone know if this is right, and if so, when they start contacting people?

If you were not accepted 2 weeks after your interview, you are placed in 1 out of 2 categories; "rejected" or "under consideration". The "under consideration" list just mean that you were not immediatley picked to reciceve an acceptance, but you still have a chance during the interview season at any point to be accepted. When the interview season is over, those people still in the "under consideration" list will be given the option of either being put on the official waitlist or not. It's now (after May 15th) that there will be a lot of movement, so hang in there if you still want to go to Albany Med!

Good luck and I hope this helped answer some of your concerns.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you were not accepted 2 weeks after your interview, you are placed in 1 out of 2 categories; "rejected" or "under consideration". The "under consideration" list just mean that you were not immediatley picked to reciceve an acceptance, but you still have a chance during the interview season at any point to be accepted. When the interview season is over, those people still in the "under consideration" list will be given the option of either being put on the official waitlist or not. It's now (after May 15th) that there will be a lot of movement, so hang in there if you still want to go to Albany Med!

Good luck and I hope this helped answer some of your concerns.

hey dr lizzie,

thanks for the info! do u know the approximate date when they will contact me to ask if i want to be on the waitlist?

I guess we should wait until the waitlist is formed.

:thumbup:Now that the waitlist has been formed, we should be expecting some acceptances. Pleas post here if get accepted off of the waitlist, and Good luck to everyone.