albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doooooody

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone turning down Albany accept?
What are my chances of coming off hold/waitlist??

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,
I just got in last week off the wait list after being on it for only a week, so I think they cycle through it at a pretty good pace. If you hear good news let me know because I need a roomie there.

------------------

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations, Switzer!

Switzer, did you interview at Albany recently? I called Albany today and they said they are still interviewing, so there has been absolutely no change made to the "still under consideration" category. Moreover, they have not yet formed the waitlist (the committee score rank list), which they will get to in June. Are you sure you were on their "waitlist"??

[This message has been edited by Riesling (edited April 26, 2001).]

Riesling- Are you waiting TOO? Have you heard from any where else???

Yes, Doooody, I'm waiting for Albany as well. I am on multiple waitlists with no acceptance in hand
frown.gif

Hey, read my edited post. I called Albany just now. The admissions office lady told me if I don't hear anything from Albany by the second week of June, I should call back. Apparently, Albany will screen where their applicants stand in the process (deposits made and acceptances-wise) after May 15 when the information becomes available and then figure out how many people to pull in from the waitlist. This waitlist will be formed in the first week of June with the committee scores. At that point, you will be informed whether you are waitlisted or rejected. They send out rejection letters to people in early June who don't have a committee score with a "realistic chance" of getting in. So I guess if you get waitlisted in June, it's a pretty positive sign. Well, this is what I found out today from the admissions office.

A miracle happened and I just got in at my first choice today!
biggrin.gif
I am withdrawing from all others including Albany.

Best luck to you, Dooody. I hope you get in!

congrats riesling
where'd you get in????