1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Albany

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Loki, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Loki

Loki Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Well, at least Albany has cleared up some fog for me. According to their secondary, they have received "unverified" applications limited to "little more than a summary page containing composite biographic and academic information". Thus, the unverified apps that we keep hearing about must be the dreaded bio sheet sent out earlier.

Perhaps this is a glaring glimpse of the obvious to some, for me its news (not so happy news). The bright spot, however, is that Albany refuses to screen based on this sheet as they "believe that the personal characteristics you will bring to the profession of medicine are equally important.

I will say this about their view book…it is the most impressive of the 25 or so I have received, very professional.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

their viewbook is the coolest i have seen so far. :D

there IS no secondary included, right? it does state that they are waiting for verified AMCAS info and that they'll provide access to the secondary later, right, or am i totally misunderstanding?

4. Barin

Barin Member
    7+ Year Member

there is no secondary included

5. Loki

Loki Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yes, there is a secondary included. It is a multipart deal with a criminal record verification form. They don't screen (I don't think) to decide who gets the secondary.

6. Loki

Loki Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Nope...false alarm. I just checked and I just confused Albany with Pittsburgh ( I just received both today. Sorry if I caused any panic.

There is no secondary

7. 6-8 Weeks

6-8 Weeks Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I wonder if I can get an MD at the local Sav-On pharmacy with that Rx.... and make my HMO pick up the tab!

8. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Both the viewbook and the letter are very classy.