ALBANY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dknykid1980

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone..

Gosh i just received this packet form albany med. I must admit from all the secondary material I have receieved as of yet, I believe albany's merits the title of best packaged admissions material!! i'm sure all of you have receieved it, it looks bad ass. I mean its like an actual patient profile folder with a prescription attached saying you should attend their school. I definitely believe that albany's marketing team is prolly the best i've seen yet. Ok well I just wanted to share that with you all.

peace

are a lot of ppl applying there? I was looking through the app stuff and it seemed like they only accept non-traditional students or atleast they comprise the majority. Would this be a safe statement to make?? I'm just sayign that cuz i'm a trad applicant.

thanks

peace

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, Albany's viewbook is pretty cool. Not the standard bs some of these schools send out. As for their preference for non-trads, one of my good friends got in there last year and he was a traditional applicant. Who knows, one matriculant doesn't set a preference. I haven't had a chance to read their brochure in much detail, but it seems like they know how to sell themselves. It's weird how during such a stressful application cycle, a personalized touch like the "patient profile folder" seems to make a difference. I dunno, just seems like they really value their applicants moreso than a lot of schools. I won't mention any names, ahem, Stanford.