Albert Einstein, AECOM, Class of 2008!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CyberMc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Anyone out there excited about attending this fall, I'll be there. Also, if anyone has any questions, comments or concerns about the next year, I think this would be a great place to post them.

For information:

http://www.aecommunity.com -- cool student site

http://www.aecom.yu.edu -- official site

http://www.aecom.yu.edu/home/publications/

=====================

Members don't see this ad.

Hey!

Yeah im pretty excited about starting school in august. i just decided to take that intro biochem/genetics course. i hear it makes the housing situation much easier/smoother. plus you get to meet students earlier. are you comin from ny? when i went there for a weekend to meet students it seemed that everyone not only was from new york but was from the bronx. im from jersey and i was the one that traveled the farthest by far, haha. anyway, it'll be cool to talk to other future aecom students! good thread :thumbup:

What up Peeps
Well, I'll be headed for AECOM this comin aug. I won't be taken the intro class cuz I'm from the west coast and I want to have a longer break before I make that big transition. I am very excited though. Can't wait to get there and chop it up with my future AECOM classmates. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all. I got my first medical school acceptance and its at AECOM! I'm so excited to be going there! Just found out in todays mail. I jumped up and down a bunch and then wrote the check to save my spot.

Tinkerbell said:
Hi all. I got my first medical school acceptance and its at AECOM! I'm so excited to be going there! Just found out in todays mail. I jumped up and down a bunch and then wrote the check to save my spot.

Congratulations! :D Now you can relax and enjoy the rest of the summer. :)

Hey, thanks so far for all the reply's, I'm coming from Upstate NY, where are all the other of you coming from? Does anybody know how you get invited or how you can sign up for the Biochem Summer Course?

Can't wait!

CyberMc said:
Hey, thanks so far for all the reply's, I'm coming from Upstate NY, where are all the other of you coming from? Does anybody know how you get invited or how you can sign up for the Biochem Summer Course?

Can't wait!

What up! :D
I'm representin Nor Cal. It's definitely gonna be a new experience but I'm lookin forward to it. Does anyone know when and where we could buy things for our apts b/c all I can probably bring is my clothes? We need more Einsteins to come out and chat. Come on, don't be shy peeps. :D :thumbup:

as for the intro biochem course, einstein mailed out a letter about it a few months ago. contact the school if you're interested in registering but didn't receive the letter. they'll let you know what to do from there, since the deadline for registration is approaching pretty soon.

in terms of buying furniture, i've "heard" einstein has a deal w/ IKEA for its students. they drive us all to ikea in a big yellow school bus and we can order our furniture from there for some kind of discount price. not sure of details though, but i assume the school will keep us updated with this info?

ikea can provide pretty much everything you need. i think its the best deal in terms of price and quality.

however, if you want to further shop (if you meet anyone w/ a car!), you can check out these stores in the city and/or in jersey:

- basic dorm-like necessities: bed, bath, & beyond; linens n' things

- for more "trendy" decor: urban outfitters

- for more pricey, but nice stuff: pottery barn; restoration hardware; crate & barrel

- the container store (self-explanatory)

- and of course, you can always check out the home sections of department stores for bedroom linens, kitchenware, etc. (ie. Macy's, TJ Maxx - hopefully you'll catch some summer sales in August)

- i've also found some good deals on www.amazon.com.

The form i got in the mail for the intro biochem course had a due date of june 18th. So i dont know if it's too late or not, but i would guess if you called them you could work something out.

As for the furniture situation, I definitely haven't heard anything about this ikea deal, but that'd be funny if they actually did cart a bunch of kids off in a yellow school bus to ikea, haha. Since I took a year off after college all my furniture, etc has been sitting in a storage place for a year. So ill just get a UHaul and move all that stuff out into the bronx (finally one less monthly payment to make).

Did anybody get stuck in a temporary shared studio?!?! This sucks, I'm told it can be up to a month or two for them to find "suitable" housing. I guess those 4rth years really don't want to leave or something.

when did you send in your housing packet?

Beginning of June I sent in my packet. Hoping it will be asap that they find something permanent. Do people live in the campus apartments all four years? Are there other places to live that are decent around?

hey guys,
i too will be joining you this year! I'm very excited about starting, but a little dismayed because I also got a shared studio.
i look forward to meeting you all in a few short weeks!

I recently called up the housing office and they found a 3 bedroom apartment for me instead of the shared studio. They were very flexible and kind, just make sure you talk to the lady in charge.

I am very excited about moving down soon.

Does anyone have any good ideas about where to buy cheap/good furniture?

Albert Einstein Class of 2008

do you remember the name of the lady you spoke with?
and did you get the room because they contacted you? or were you randomly fortunate to have called?

i'll call them and see how my luck fares

Hey man, no sorry, I don't remember her name, I called them and asked for a place I could move into earlier than the date they gave me. The apartment wasn't going to be ready until 8/18/04- and orientation starts on the 16th. Good luck!

my apartment also says that it won;t be ready until the 18th, and when i called the woman said to call back the 11th to see if i can move in earlier.
oh well.

thanks for the advice