Albert Einstein (AECOM) vs Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Better residency options for the $$?

• Stony Brook

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Albert Einstein

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AudiFan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel very fortunate to have been offered an acceptance from both of these amazing schools, but I am having a hard time choosing one. As a native New Yorker I feel that would both enjoy getting away to LI to get some peace and quiet (as I have spent 4 undergrad years in NYC), and I would also feel at home staying in NYC at AECOM. So I guess it comes down the the value vs. residency placement for me. Is the extra $$ worth it for Einstein, in that you think it would give me a better chance at a residency of my choice? Or, will I be in just as good a position to match into a good NYC residency if I do well at Stony?

Thanks for all the input!

Members don't see this ad.

IMO AECOM isn't worth the extra $$; you will get a quality education at either place. Stony students match really well, and I wouldn't be concerned about not matching by virtue of your medical school.

If you want to return to NYC after med school, the biggest advantage with Einstein over Stony Brook would be home institution matching at Einstein. Otherwise, as long as you do well at Stony Brook, there's no major advantage.

The deal breaker for your final decision should never come down to matchlists. Go with where you'll be happier. Go with your gut. Focus on what you love in medicine, work hard, cultivate that passion and you'll end up where you should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.