Albert Einstein COM--New Updates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RunningBabe06

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey...just wondering if anyone has heard anything lately from AECOM. I have not heard anything in a few months, so am assuming that I am on pre-interview hold. Has anyone received an interview or rejection from them in the past few weeks? Also, I don't see any people listing that they have been accepted to AECOM for Class of 2012. Has the school really not accepted anyone yet?

Members don't see this ad.

The first acceptance letters go out January 15th if I remember correctly when I interviewed...I was there middle of December and they told me that I would hear back sometime in March...great school though!

who gets in in January???

the best people???

two people??

who....

Members don't see this ad :)
who gets in in January???

the best people???

two people??

who....

He didn't say WHO gets in january or with what statistics...since I interviewed in December and told me to expect an answer in March, that probably means that for the January decisions, they look at people who interviewed from September - November. After January, they have an adcom meeting every month I was told. This is just from the words of my interviewer and I didn't want to bother him with questions about the statistics of how many people and with what statistics get in in January.

When I was there, I understood that it was based on the day that you interviewed. People who interviewed early will get their decision on January 15th. I interviewed in early November, and I was told that I could expect to hear from them in the first week of February.

Loved AECOM...anyone know the #interviewed/#accepted? At my interview I think they said something about approx 360 accepted to fill 180 spots, but don't recall how many are interviewed (my MSAR is at school, didn't take it home for xmas break :().

Loved AECOM...anyone know the #interviewed/#accepted? At my interview I think they said something about approx 360 accepted to fill 180 spots, but don't recall how many are interviewed (my MSAR is at school, didn't take it home for xmas break :().

Last year, they interviewed 1368 and 183 matriculated.

I called AECOM a while ago and they said that rejections are first sent out starting in January. I won't deny that they didn't sound too hopeful for me, either. :(

I called AECOM a while ago and they said that rejections are first sent out starting in January. I won't deny that they didn't sound too hopeful for me, either. :(

Did you give them your name when you called?

Yes, I called for a status update (I'm still pre-interview), and they told me that I had been complete for a while, and that if the committee decides not to interview students, they start sending out rejections in January.

Yes, I called for a status update (I'm still pre-interview), and they told me that I had been complete for a while, and that if the committee decides not to interview students, they start sending out rejections in January.

sorry buddy....hopefully, it'll all work out in the end

Last year, they interviewed 1368 and 183 matriculated.

Wow, that's a lot more interviewees than I thought...I guess with 360 accepted it's still slightly better than a 1 in 4 chance though.

Thanks. I'm sure it will, but it still sucks a bit. Good luck to you as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, that's a lot more interviewees than I thought...I guess with 360 accepted it's still slightly better than a 1 in 4 chance though.

how do you know it's 360 accepted?

Interviewers are not part of the ADCOM are they?

It wasn't an interviewer who told us (or at least he didn't interview me). He welcomed everyone and gave a brief introduction at the start of the day...I know he said he had some position on the admissions committee but I don't remember the specific position or his name. Sorry, I know that's really vague, but my interview was in Sept. so the details are fuzzy.

If ppl who interviewed in Dec are getting notified in March, does that mean they have finished giving out interview invites?
I thought I heard somewhere that AECOM is known to interview late. True? :scared:

I have no idea if they interview late, but I do know I had an invite in mid-November for an interview in late January! :scared:

Talk about scheduling way in advance! Don't give up hope, though. I received 7 interview invites within the past 3 weeks, so they are obviously still going out!

I was hoping for some advice. I am scheduled to go to AECOM in early Feb, but I am considering withdrawing from the interview. I recently was accepted to university of Iowa, and have some interviews lined up. I'd like to know what you thought about AECOM, those that went, and if going to the interview changed any of your minds about attending. I really liked Iowa, but the location isn't my favorite.

Anyway, if I decide not to go, I hope some of you that are waiting get the interview! :luck:

Einstein was pretty good. Housing was nice and really cheap, students seemed genuinely friendly, supposed to have especially strong training 3rd and 4th years, new research building opening, and close to manhatten.

The things I did not like were that the buildings seemed old and the bronx is not the nicest place.

My file was completed in mid-September 2007.
Still no word. Waiting with hopes......... :sleep:

i was complete mid-august... and still no word... :eek:

Interviewers are not part of the ADCOM are they?

Mine was.

This means I have to wait until after school starts to hear, huh, since I interviewed a full month after they started (then again, how much interviewing did they actually do in September, with all the breaks for Jewish holidays virtually every week for the whole month?).

Those of us who interviewed in the late summer/early fall should be finding out soon! In the past, have the letters always been mailed exactly on Jan 15?

Just think, our decision letters may very well be sitting in addressed envelopes...waiting to be mailed!

I interviewed in December and can't wait to hear from them. Too bad I probably won't hear from them until March. Boo hoo :(