Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DNALadder2002

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you ever receive a word from AE-School of Medicine once you submitted your secondary? Do they e-mail or send you a letter to acknowledge they received your material?

Members don't see this ad.

I called them and asked about the status of my file. She wouldn't check for me, but said they will send an email once your file is complete.

I finished my secondary on 8/10 and received a postcard in the mail on 9/17 saying that my application was complete. I received an interview invite on 9/24. My interview is scheduled for 11/5, although they had many dates in October this was more convenient for me. Hope this is helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
i sent my sec to AE about two months ago and they havent even cashed out my check.. when i call them they say we have too much mail... dont worry... but what should i do

I wouldn't worry...just relax. It took them over a month to say that my app was complete. The process is pushed back everywhere this year. I wouldn't start to worry at least for another few weeks. I submitted my AMCAS on 6/26 and somehow was one of the "chosen" who were verified earlier (8/1). So, that also may have put my app on the fast track. Good Luck...

I got an email about a week ago saying my file is complete and under review. I have an interview at Columbia and I am waiting on AE, MSSM and NYMC to group all my NY interviews.

What if it has been two months since you've last sent in the secondary and have NOT heard from them? What can you do when they can't check your file on the phone or reply to your e-mail? Do you wait as you've waited on the AMCAS verification?