1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Album Review: The AMCAS Hotline Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by TomWestmanRules, Jul 31, 2006.

1. TomWestmanRules

TomWestmanRules MD Supplicant
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Sorry if I start off too excited right now, but I nearly popped a hole in the front of my trousers when I heard that the AMCAS Hotline released its soundtrack in music stores TODAY!

HOLY CRAP!

This debut album features the 2 tracks that we all have come to know and love from calling the AMCAS hotline when we waited 35 minutes just to ask "Seriously, did you guys use my application to wipe your dog's asss, because I should be verified by now... WTF." Well at least we got the last laugh with this amazing CD!

Track #1, also known as "Spanish/Russian/Chinese Smorgasboard" features synthesized sounds from instruments I've never even heard of. But man oh man, what other song besides Track #1 could I possibly say makes me feel like I'm watching the Weather Channel, getting my teeth cleaned at the dentist's, AND shooting up heroin in an abandoned warehouse ALL at the same time?

Luckily, the album really builds on itself, where in Track #2, the sounds of a fake piano cracking over a poor, static-ridden phone connection bring me back to my early childhood memories of frolicking in the meadows... while on fire. Plus, the background cut-in of "Thank you for waiting, we look forward to your call, please stay on the line..." really gets me going every time.

Okay, okay, maybe this album won't win "Album of the Year", but when your birthday or favorite Jewish holiday comes around, you DEFINITELY need to beg your girlfriend to buy you this CD. It's that good. On a scale of 1 to 5, I give it 7 and 3/8 stars.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Caristra

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    The title of this thread made me laugh :laugh:

Thank you Tom Westman for adding humor to the lovely process of AAMC and applications :thumbup:

4. TomWestmanRules

TomWestmanRules MD Supplicant
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    For real, the music was hilariously bad when I called on Friday.

5. booswim542

booswim542 Walkin' on Sunshine
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    That's great. I will be looking for the soundtrack in stores soon!

Track 2 is my favorite.

6. somemaybedoc

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm TMDSAS guy, but are you serious. I'm calling in tommorow to here this. Hopefully the wait times will be long.