Aligned telehealth wants $15,000 for credentialling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the5thelement

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I signed a contract after seeing a job ad on indeed.com. It was outpatient work for $140/hr. There was a clause as follows:
"
Credentialing Fees: If this Agreement is Terminated prior to the one-year anniversary
of the Execution Date, Contractor shall be liable to reimburse Corporation $15,000."
This was earlier this year, now many months later, credentialing still hasn't been completed. I got tired of waiting and have a good offer from another place
. Do I have to pay this credentialing fees?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread almost made me cry.

If it were me that got myself into this, I would go to the highest paying locums job in the dingiest rust belt hellhole corner of the USA, and every morning until I earned post tax 15k I would look myself in the mirror and say "this is why you read the contract and negotiate".

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I signed a contract after seeing a job ad on indeed.com. It was outpatient work for $140/hr. There was a clause as follows:
"
Credentialing Fees: If this Agreement is Terminated prior to the one-year anniversary
of the Execution Date, Contractor shall be liable to reimburse Corporation $15,000."
This was earlier this year, now many months later, credentialing still hasn't been completed. I got tired of waiting and have a good offer from another place
. Do I have to pay this credentialing fees?
Since you signed several months ago, and they still haven't credentialed you, you can probably just wait them out.

Yes you should have read the contract. I guess you could get an attorney but...some things first

Credentialing is not binary. So are you in contract with 0 companies, 1,2,3 ??
What state are you in? Different states have different laws about employment. Google them.
Are they giving you work at 140/hr? If not, this may help your case. What does your contract say about that?