Alkenes not tested on MCAT?????????????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MSc44

in the EK orgo book on page 34 it says that the topic of alkenes has been removed form the list of topics tested by MCAT, yet there is a section on it............should i study this section??????\
whats the take people???

Members don't see this ad.

Please someone say that this is true! I'll look at the list of topics provided by the AAMC when I have the time.

suicidal cell said:
Please someone say that this is true! I'll look at the list of topics provided by the AAMC when I have the time.

im looking at it right now on the top of the page under alkenes the first sentence reads this

Members don't see this ad :)
I skipped the pages. As far as I know the removal of alkenes from the MCAT is a pretty new thing, newer then when the EK books were done. I don't know if the EK books are edited or were edited recently but my copies are pretty old.

TeNa said:
I skipped the pages. As far as I know the removal of alkenes from the MCAT is a pretty new thing, newer then when the EK books were done. I don't know if the EK books are edited or were edited recently but my copies are pretty old.

mine are the 6th ed so im not sure how old or new thy are, but is says that it wont hurt to read it, ill prob leave it for last

MSc44 said:
mine are the 6th ed so im not sure how old or new thy are, but is says that it wont hurt to read it, ill prob leave it for last

I dunno either, that mcat list from aamc says 2003 on it if you check carefully on the bottom. The 6th edition book is from 2005, likewise, my tpr book for 2006 includes alkenes and so does the kaplan comp review book for 2006...alkene is the most basic stuff anyway so don't worry too much about it...study it last or something...but it's not difficult enough that you should just skip it...u never know.

xylem29 said:
I dunno either, that mcat list from aamc says 2003 on it if you check carefully on the bottom. The 6th edition book is from 2005, likewise, my tpr book for 2006 includes alkenes and so does the kaplan comp review book for 2006...alkene is the most basic stuff anyway so don't worry too much about it...study it last or something...but it's not difficult enough that you should just skip it...u never know.

elimination rnx's????? not on mcat either??

psst. I heard a rumor that all of organic chemistry has been removed from the MCAT... :laugh: