Alkenes???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreams

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok so what part about these arent tested on the MCAT????

Members don't see this ad.

ok so what part about these arent tested on the MCAT????

according the mcat alkene reactions aren't tested, Dienes excluded.

Either the test prep companies still teach this because they come up so much in passage based orgo or they just don't care to change their books....

Either the test prep companies still teach this because they come up so much in passage based orgo or they just don't care to change their books....
ok so I shouldnt bother to study any of it??? Or should I just in case in comes up in a passage?

Members don't see this ad :)
ok so I shouldnt bother to study any of it??? Or should I just in case in comes up in a passage?

it's debatable.... personally I'm studying it... just not quite as well the other stuff....

If you have extra time why not study it.... it your strapped for time I would put it low on the list of things to do.

Maybe this is a better way to determine it.... do any recent or past takers remember the topic of alkenes coming up during their exams in a way that would have made you glad/wish you studied alkenes before taking the test?

where does it say alkenes aren't tested? maybe i can then ignore some things that im currently studying if that's the case.:laugh:

where does it say alkenes aren't tested? maybe i can then ignore some things that im currently studying if that's the case.:laugh:

haha I don't want to be the guy that convince everyone to abandon alkenes and then have them make up most of the test....

lol in 2003 the aamc took alkenes off their bio topic list....

you can go to the aamc website and search for the biological sciences topic list.... under the orgo they go through the substituents and the reactions you need to know for them.... (in theory) specific alkene reactions (electrophilic additions are no longer there I'm pretty sure)