All About Our Pets(Pics, Advice, Etc)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know there are several threads on this if you try various things in the search function. Short version is that classmates often look out for another and the ones staying local may help out. Or you board them or find some other type of pet sitter.
This is what I’m counting on during my away externships 4th year. Quid pro quo dog sitting with some of my friends.

Heck, they can stay at my house so they’ll have a fenced backyard if they want.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
This is what I’m counting on during my away externships 4th year. Quid pro quo dog sitting with some of my friends.

Heck, they can stay at my house so they’ll have a fenced backyard if they want.
Yeah, luckily I didn't have too many issues because of the way I arranged my schedule. A friend of a friend helped me find a family to stay with outside of Fort Collins and they let me take Winston with me for my one externship in the fall. The two other out-of-state rotations were sandwiched between two at home, which all occurred back to back from early February to May, so my parents just kept him.

Reactions: 1 user
I just used google photos to make a 52-page photo book. It started out as a 20-page book with Rita's kitten pictures, but ALL of my pets are so cute . . . it got a tad bit bigger.

This will not be the first pet-only photo album I own. This may also be part of the reason I'm a spinster cat lady. :laugh:

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh my adorable, evil little child.

Attachments

• FDB7C25E-7FFC-4F8A-8C12-4E0E0EB723E7.jpeg
    FDB7C25E-7FFC-4F8A-8C12-4E0E0EB723E7.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: 8 users
Welp, looks like I may have an allergy dog on my hands. He's currently broken out in hives :arghh:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I’m just here to distract you all from the worries of application-season with my glamorous ragdoll! :)

Attachments

• F34144A8-84D9-490A-AA48-6FBC2CDEEA71.jpeg
    F34144A8-84D9-490A-AA48-6FBC2CDEEA71.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so proud of miss Jasmine. She was in a research study last quarter and had two ECGs done to investigate the cardio affects of gabapentin. I'm sad Ziggy didn't qualify because they heard a couple VPCs on his eval for the study.
Pic of my darlings
image.png

upload_2018-12-21_10-29-35.jpeg

Reactions: 9 users
Also pic of Tobias because I am pretty sure I know the day Jazzy got gabapentin because she was acting like she had no fear of him ;)
upload_2018-12-21_10-27-48.jpeg
upload_2018-12-21_10-28-3.jpeg

Tobias is pretty. What sort(s) of dog is he?
Why thank you :) I think he's beautiful myself. Although greys looking freaking weird at certain angles

He's a greyhound! He used to race but he tore a muscle and they never fixed it. I have been battling hookworms with him for almost a year but I hope he gets a clear fecal soon. He also only has half a tail and is missing a toe lol. He's the best dog ever though. He won't even make eye contact with the cats because he is afraid of them, even though he weighs over 70 lbs :laugh:

I'm dumb. I don't know why I couldn't tell that from the pics, lol
Lol no it's fine! I would rather people ask then make something up. People in Indiana were always claiming he was a Great Dane :bang:

I bought some Santa hats and stick on moustaches at the dollar store to take some Christmas photos of my horses... Manny was not impressed :laugh:

mannyphotosmall.png

Reactions: 10 users
IMG_2092.jpg
IMG_2093.jpg

Birbs are happy campers. They love oranges. They suck all the juice out and spit the pulp all over the walls and floor.... but it’s adorable.

Now they’re screaming for more

Here's my old man. He is the best dog ever and even tolerates the baby.

Attachments

• 20181103_160744.jpg
    20181103_160744.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: 5 users
My cat's automatic pet feeder has become a kibble "slot machine" ... and when it dispenses kibble, it even "sounds" like a slot machine.

Cat is fascinated with the feeder and thinks that staring at the feeder will speed up the "jackpot" prize.

It doesn't ... but she stares at it anyway, waiting and hoping!

View attachment 243093
@Coopah does tabby look familiar to you?

Welp, looks like I may have an allergy dog on my hands. He's currently broken out in hives :arghh:

What us he allergic to? My doggo is allergic to poultry. His brother was as well, but to beef and dairy too.

Kibble is hard to find for a doggo with chicken allergies. Everything is chicken meal D:

What us he allergic to? My doggo is allergic to poultry. His brother was as well, but to beef and dairy too.

Kibble is hard to find for a doggo with chicken allergies. Everything is chicken meal D:
We haven't done any trials yet, as I'm not so sure I'm dealing with hives anymore. I think he truly did break out into hives that one night, but now we're dealing with persistent 'nodules' of varying sizes that come and go. He's got an appointment. Hopefully nothing crazy...

Other than prescription diets, it's pretty much in every single commercial dog food, which is annoying.
Yes but if your dog has an allergy, prescription foods are an option. Tons of varieties. They’re expensive but if you want to feed your dog something they won’t react to, they’re a great option.

After trying countless limited ingredient diets I finally gave up and put my dog on RC Hypo (duck formula) for a few months and honestly, I kind of regret not doing it sooner. ‍ Still early in the transition stage but she’s doing wonderful (no GI upset, no ear infections, no chewing herself raw, and SHE LIKES IT). She also did well on another brand’s lamb formula but since the DCM thing with boutique brands I decided to stick with well-tested brands.
31606598037_4409771cb6.jpg

After trying countless limited ingredient diets I finally gave up and put my dog on RC Hypo (duck formula) for a few months and honestly, I kind of regret not doing it sooner. ‍ Still early in the transition stage but she’s doing wonderful (no GI upset, no ear infections, no chewing herself raw, and SHE LIKES IT). She also did well on another brand’s lamb formula but since the DCM thing with boutique brands I decided to stick with well-tested brands.
She’s a beautiful omg

When a dog takes better pictures than you

My dog gets ear infections probably 4-6 times a year (he has one now). I switched him to Hills Derm Defense last July, with cytopoint injections every month but he is still itchy all the time. Might consider switching him to a different food [again] and doing duck instead of chicken. Parents/ brother actually taking care of him aren’t reliable enough for daily apoquel...

My dog gets ear infections probably 4-6 times a year (he has one now). I switched him to Hills Derm Defense last July, with cytopoint injections every month but he is still itchy all the time. Might consider switching him to a different food [again] and doing duck instead of chicken. Parents/ brother actually taking care of him aren’t reliable enough for daily apoquel...

Definitely worth a try! We’ve also done the RC hydrolized (white and teal) cans in a pinch and my girl did well on it. I assume the dry food would be fine too. I was also dealing with chronic ear infections and waking me up in the middle of the night because she was scratching/chewing on herself so much. Itchy dogs are no fun at all. :(

She’s a beautiful omg

When a dog takes better pictures than you

Haha, I know, she’s such a cutie. I’m definitely biased but she’s just the greatest dog ever.

46620960881_dc12db3fc2.jpg
33448852734_fdfd1eaa35.jpg

32746827478_f8a4fa548f.jpg

Reactions: 13 users
Definitely worth a try! We’ve also done the RC hydrolized (white and teal) cans in a pinch and my girl did well on it. I assume the dry food would be fine too. I was also dealing with chronic ear infections and waking me up in the middle of the night because she was scratching/chewing on herself so much. Itchy dogs are no fun at all. :(

Haha, I know, she’s such a cutie. I’m definitely biased but she’s just the greatest dog ever.

Oh my gawddd
Her in the snow :love:

Reactions: 3 users

Omg she is gorgeous

Reactions: 2 users
They’re friends!!!!!

Attachments

• DD43F0CE-8538-4DA9-8D2C-5C73A69FB7B5.jpeg
    DD43F0CE-8538-4DA9-8D2C-5C73A69FB7B5.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 959681CF-4E7D-47E1-8AD5-CF00401E5F89.jpeg
    959681CF-4E7D-47E1-8AD5-CF00401E5F89.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: 6 users
Got a Wisdom DNA Panel for my mutt-pup and just got the results back! 3 breeds + 25% "mixed" - kind of surprised at one of the breed results!
IMG_20171001_110822 (2).jpg

No one cheat on FB but he got 25% Siberian husky (not a surprise) 25% German Shepherd (slight surprise) and 25% Australian cattle dog (big surprise). I was expecting some lab in there - I've been calling him a husky/lab mix! Super glad I did the panel, explains some of his personality quirks :D

Reactions: 6 users
Got a Wisdom DNA Panel for my mutt-pup and just got the results back! 3 breeds + 25% "mixed" - kind of surprised at one of the breed results! View attachment 247156
No one cheat on FB but he got 25% Siberian husky (not a surprise) 25% German Shepherd (slight surprise) and 25% Australian cattle dog (big surprise). I was expecting some lab in there - I've been calling him a husky/lab mix! Super glad I did the panel, explains some of his personality quirks :D
I got embark for Addy, and I’m really excited to use it!!

Got a Wisdom DNA Panel for my mutt-pup and just got the results back! 3 breeds + 25% "mixed" - kind of surprised at one of the breed results! View attachment 247156
So exciting!! I've been meaning to order one for my Davy, the rescue I got him from called him a lab/terrier mix but really we have no idea.