All About Our Pets(Pics, Advice, Etc)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do it! He's beautiful. He needs a home for Christmas!

Your bun is a girl, right? Just be careful you don't get oopsy-daisy babies a month from now. ;)
She is! But she's spayed and he's neutered, so no babies :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
So did you adopt him??
Not yet! I have approval from my leasing company, but I know the shelter probably won't be okay with adopting to someone who actually lives so far away (though the rescue was, which is funny haha), so my parents have to go with me since I'll be listing that as my residence and they own the house.

We're probably going tomorrow :D

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My 8 month old puppy seems determined to make me lose all my hair. Either that or he likes visiting the vet.
He is fine but he sure likes to make me worry about him first. I'm about this close to breaking out the bubble wrap.

My 8 month old puppy seems determined to make me lose all my hair. Either that or he likes visiting the vet.
He is fine but he sure likes to make me worry about him first. I'm about this close to breaking out the bubble wrap.
But then he'll just eat the bubble wrap and get an obstruction.

Reactions: 10 users
I already have a cat that tries daily to get a foreign body. I'm well versed in "GET BACK HERE AND LET ME TAKE THAT OUT OF YOUR MOUTH."

Reactions: 5 users
FWP: neither of my parents can go with me today anymore, so I'm trying to get a hold of the shelter to see if I just need a letter from them and proof of residence to adopt or if they actually need to be there, but the shelter has their adoption line disconnected right now. But Simon!!! :(

I already have a cat that tries daily to get a foreign body. I'm well versed in "GET BACK HERE AND LET ME TAKE THAT OUT OF YOUR MOUTH."
But for real though, this cat has a death wish. Part of the reason I built Sparks a fancy hay bin was so Molly could no longer try to eat the hay, cause she was trying to eat a whole mouth full of 8" long pieces :smack: and has started knocking down the fence I had put around that part of the cage when she had started doing this. Then there is the plastic fetish... she's a little idiot but I love her any way.

Last edited:
FWP: neither of my parents can go with me today anymore, so I'm trying to get a hold of the shelter to see if I just need a letter from them and proof of residence to adopt or if they actually need to be there, but the shelter has their adoption line disconnected right now. But Simon!!! :(

What address is on your drivers license? If it's still your parents I would just show up and not mention living anywhere else and not worry about them being there.

What address is on your drivers license? If it's still your parents I would just show up and not mention living anywhere else and not worry about them being there.
Oh, it's my parents! I just wasn't sure if the homeowners would need to be there, since technically I could go without their permission.

I got through to the shelter and they said just looking at tax records and a phone call here is enough for proof of residence and permission, so yay! I'm heading there soon :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, it's my parents! I just wasn't sure if the homeowners would need to be there, since technically I could go without their permission.

I got through to the shelter and they said just looking at tax records and a phone call here is enough for proof of residence and permission, so yay! I'm heading there soon :D
Yay, Simon!! I demand pictures as soon as you're home.

I have also met cats like this. Some are just clueless and think everyone is their friend.

You mean like this little devil? She's determined to make friends of our two other cats. Too bad she thinks that swatting at them is the best way to do so.
ImageUploadedBySDN1482616474.010687.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yay, Simon!! I demand pictures as soon as you're home.
No pictures today, I'm not going anymore. My mom got mad when I went to leave that I was actually going today even though she was the one who told me to go today :shrug: so now I can't go till Wednesday :(

No pictures today, I'm not going anymore. My mom got mad when I went to leave that I was actually going today even though she was the one who told me to go today :shrug: so now I can't go till Wednesday :(
:arghh:

Reactions: 1 user
You mean like this little devil? She's determined to make friends of our two other cats. Too bad she thinks that swatting at them is the best way to do so.
View attachment 212426

THAT BABY LOOKS LIKE MY GANDALF WHEN HE WAS A BABY
I have so many feelings right now

Reactions: 1 users

Puppies are exhausting. Mine is particularly stubborn about the biting thing, and at least once on a walk will throw a legendary tantrum of leash-biting, leaping up and biting my hands and shirt, and nipping at heels when he's on the ground. That's what I get for getting the most confident and active boy from a performance litter of Tollers I guess.

He actually would :lame:

Anybody want a puppy? :hilarious:

The pain of puppy-hood with my own creature hasn't quite worn off yet. So no thanks.
I already told my breeder to smack me upside the head next time I starting looking for a high drive performance dog. I got the "go anywhere, do anything puppy that would be PERFECT for an active agility home."

ImageUploadedBySDN1482701892.675005.jpg

It's a Christmas miracle! Big fluff and little fluff might actually end up being friends

This morning, I awakened to the sounds of my cat sneezing - not a few random sneezes, but multiple times. Plus, she also presented with acute "squinty eye," with a clear, watery discharge. So, my cat is going to get some lab work today. Probably has URI and conjunctivitis.

Trying to take a picture of one of my cats and the other one decided he needed to be in it too :)

Trying to take a picture of one of my cats and the other one decided he needed to be in it too :)

I love how the cat is like "every dang time he does this JFC can't owner just take one dang picture of me without him ruining it?" and the other is like "lol photobombed!"

I love how the cat is like "every dang time he does this JFC can't owner just take one dang picture of me without him ruining it?" and the other is like "lol photobombed!"
I take a ton of pics of both of them I'm not sure why they feel the need to interfere....

The one in the back has a similar expression to my little brat. Sorry not sorry for multiple kitten pics
ImageUploadedBySDN1482983347.409019.jpg

Reactions: 11 users
Haha so cute. I love the furry ears. How old is she/he?

13-14ish weeks old. She's had a hell of a life so far. She was found ~3 weeks old with lacerations on the left front and hind paws that took three rounds of antibiotics and cultures to heal. Then caught a virus and dropped to barely a pound because her immune system was probably wiped out

Kitten is asleep on me and I can't believe how big she is getting. Can't they stay tiny forever?

ImageUploadedBySDN1482986044.840124.jpg

ImageUploadedBySDN1482986056.108397.jpg

Reactions: 12 users
I know! Except I wish she would grow out of her big attitude but remain small

13-14ish weeks old. She's had a hell of a life so far. She was found ~3 weeks old with lacerations on the left front and hind paws that took three rounds of antibiotics and cultures to heal. Then caught a virus and dropped to barely a pound because her immune system was probably wiped out

Aw poor thing. She looks like she's doing ok now at least

I adopted a cat nearly four years ago.

Three days ago, she presented with fever, sneezing; clear, watery discharge from one "squinty" eye and lethargy. She was subsequently diagnosed with FHV-1. Her conjunctivitis (no ulceration) was treated with eye drops. I have provided her with a soft heating blanket so that she can continue to recuperate comfortably and quietly at home. Her appetite and hydration is fine. She is expected to make a full recovery. So, all is well. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Aw poor thing. She looks like she's doing ok now at least

She's doing very well. She's turned out to be quite the piglet. The only problem now is to stop her from eating the others' healthy weight food instead of her kitten food

The one in the back has a similar expression to my little brat. Sorry not sorry for multiple kitten pics View attachment 212726
This is baby Gandalf, oct 2014. Never seen a cat before that looks so much like him! He's a big fluff now though.

2014-10-04 22.48.22.jpg

This is baby Gandalf, oct 2014. Never seen a cat before that looks so much like him! He's a big fluff now though.

View attachment 212737

He is really similar!! We have a 4 yo DLH that we think is really similar too. We call they younger one mini me sometimes because of the likeness

So I just came upstairs to use my little home "office" for the first time. Dog beds were in the corner to be out of the way from Christmas stuff and I thought, "How quaint and cozy would it be if I wrote my thank you notes while Barrett chewed on his bone on his dog bed and we just enjoyed companionable companionship?" And then he runs off with his bone and is "covering" it under something downstairs :yeahright:

IMG_3622.JPG

I DID.

He is from a hoarding situation and wasn't the one I had planned on adopting but he was just so timid I couldn't leave him.

Reactions: 17 users
I've had him for all of an hour and I'm so in love guys.

His name was Anders at the shelter but I'm considering changing it to Wesley!

Reactions: 6 users