All About Our Pets(Pics, Advice, Etc)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How did she steal a glass of water?

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
I sat down with a new, clean, full glass of water for me. She stuck her face in it and started drinking and voila, stolen.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Since I'm already lurking pre-vet (so much more pleasant than pre-allo!): this is my baby girl, Kelsay Olivia. Miss K.O. stole a glass of water once and now requires that I keep a pint glass of water in the middle of my bedroom floor. Which I of course do.

cVSfHSRoWkU3mBU44YFGPOENyMuO4JCytXP3Zf0DeBFy4MEUy78TiiHVNznsp59rru7wAv_pVCaxdGlgludDv8dcqhvMXQuRGIw_cd5p8f5ZKQq4Iin9SwF3F1ah9oqJYGqvUw=w576-h768-no
@strider144 ... Miss K.O. is beautiful!

Reactions: 1 user
I sat down with a new, clean, full glass of water for me. She stuck her face in it and started drinking and voila, stolen.
I was picturing a cat picking up a glass of water and walking away, hahah

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Was scrolling through Facebook in bed, with Simba performing his nightly cleaning session and found this soooo accurate- thought y'all would get a giggle out of it!

IMG_1735.JPG

Reactions: 6 users
My little black lop was a bad bunny today. She now gets to be labelled "fractious" at the vet's. She apparently freaked out in the back and then she did some crazy rabbit gymnastics when the vet was examining her in the room. She's always been more energetic than her sister but not crazy stupid wild. I'm sure it was stressful for her. It was only her second time to the vet's so I guess we'll see what happens in August when she goes in for her pre-spay blood draw.

My little black lop was a bad bunny today. She now gets to be labelled "fractious" at the vet's. She apparently freaked out in the back and then she did some crazy rabbit gymnastics when the vet was examining her in the room. She's always been more energetic than her sister but not crazy stupid wild. I'm sure it was stressful for her. It was only her second time to the vet's so I guess we'll see what happens in August when she goes in for her pre-spay blood draw.

I had a hellion bunny come in a few months ago. I'd prefer pretty much any other animal to be fractious over a bunny. All I can say is, "please don't break yourself, please don't break yourself..."

I had a hellion bunny come in a few months ago. I'd prefer pretty much any other animal to be fractious over a bunny. All I can say is, "please don't break yourself, please don't break yourself..."
I like bunnies, but when I took care of one for a summer I was always a little worried. So delicate! Luckily the biggest problem I had was the intensity with which he was fixated on trying to copulate with people's feet. I spent a whole summer lounging around in motorcycle boots to deter amorous advances.

Reactions: 1 users
IMG_1802.JPG

That's my side of the bed (full sized bed). At 5:30 this morning he started whining and would not stop unless I moved over and let him have that pillow. Whatta jerk. At least he's comfortable though.

I got a nice camera for graduation and I've been using it to take a ton of bird pics but of course I have also been taking a million pics of these two...

Attachments

• DSC_0910--2.jpg
    DSC_0910--2.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_1062--1.jpg
    DSC_1062--1.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: 15 users
I got a nice camera for graduation and I've been using it to take a ton of bird pics but of course I have also been taking a million pics of these two...
Your long-hair looks well aware of just how pretty it is.

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my roomie's cats is really into scent-marking people's heads and grooming eyebrows. He's a special soul, completely devoid of feline elegance, dignity, or grace. Not even all that pretty, just weird.

I'm gonna pretend that the half-out-of-the-frame, one-eye-closed bit will shield my identity. There are only so many options for photographing a shoulder-dwelling cat.

Attachments

• Photo on 5-20-17 at 1.54 AM #4.jpg
    Photo on 5-20-17 at 1.54 AM #4.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: 9 users
One of my roomie's cats is really into scent-marking people's heads and grooming eyebrows. He's a special soul, completely devoid of feline elegance, dignity, or grace. Not even all that pretty, just weird.

I'm gonna pretend that the half-out-of-the-frame, one-eye-closed bit will shield my identity. There are only so many options for photographing a shoulder-dwelling cat.

Kitty looks like he's tripping on something lol

Kitty looks like he's tripping on something lol
He's REALLY REALLY EXCITED about scent-marking my head. (tmi but...) God help you when he takes up his perch on the back of the toilet tank.

View attachment 219365

That's my side of the bed (full sized bed). At 5:30 this morning he started whining and would not stop unless I moved over and let him have that pillow. Whatta jerk. At least he's comfortable though.
@cdoconn ... wait a minute: he should have the entire bed, and you can sleep on the floor! :D

Reactions: 4 users

@strider144 ... he's a fine-looking orange tabby!

He's lucky to have you as a feline-friendly roommate. Great photos - thanks for sharing! :)

@cdoconn ... wait a minute: he should have the entire bed, and you can sleep on the floor! :D
I can't even pretend that I haven't given up a bed for a pupper. My old dog and I would race to get back to the bed because if he got in first, he'd take the spot next to the wall, then slowly stretch out his legs and push me right off the edge of the bed. And after the first time each night, he wouldn't fall for the old, "Come on buddy! Let's go for a late night potty! ..... Psych! My bed!" routine. And even if he fell for it, he was ready to race me up the stairs from the minute he hit the back door.

Reactions: 10 users
I can't even pretend that I haven't given up a bed for a pupper. My old dog and I would race to get back to the bed because if he got in first, he'd take the spot next to the wall, then slowly stretch out his legs and push me right off the edge of the bed. And after the first time each night, he wouldn't fall for the old, "Come on buddy! Let's go for a late night potty! ..... Psych! My bed!" routine. And even if he fell for it, he was ready to race me up the stairs from the minute he hit the back door.
This is why cats are great. My cat has never pushed me out of bed. She stretches out in the precise center of my bed and monopolizes all the blankets so I might be sleeping funny and very cold, but I am in my bed.

I think there was a night this winter where I had 2 quilts and a comforter up there and could access no more than a corner of each.

This is why cats are great. My cat has never pushed me out of bed. She stretches out in the precise center of my bed and monopolizes all the blankets so I might be sleeping funny and very cold, but I am in my bed.

I think there was a night this winter where I had 2 quilts and a comforter up there and could access no more than a corner of each.

Growing up, I had a cat that would sit on the edge of my pillow and slowly push my head with his foot until he had the whole pillow to himself. I'd wake up with the worst crick in my neck!

Now I have a cat that is equally persistent but wants to sleep directly on top of me. She'll try to balance all four paws on just my arm or hip when I'm on my side, slide off, and then give me a look like What'd you do that for?!

Reactions: 7 users
Growing up, I had a cat that would sit on the edge of my pillow and slowly push my head with his foot until he had the whole pillow to himself. I'd wake up with the worst crick in my neck!

Now I have a cat that is equally persistent but wants to sleep directly on top of me. She'll try to balance all four paws on just my arm or hip when I'm on my side, slide off, and then give me a look like What'd you do that for?!
My cat is really good at balancing on my hip. Cute, but not particularly comfortable (for me, at least). When it's cold she sleeps on top of me. For a long time I'd go to sleep with her sleeping on or against me, and I'd wake up with her in the exact same spot. Then one morning I woke up before my alarm and while I was lying there pretending to be asleep she came up the ladder and carefully settled back into the spot she'd occupied when I'd fallen asleep. Like she was trying to keep her nighttime kitty adventures secret so I wouldn't know she was abandoning her watch.

Growing up I learned to keep a spare pillow around for the kitties who want the whole thing to themselves.

My current cat is a foot of the bed kinda guy though. It's the only place he likes to sleep and I have to sleep diagonally so he has his space (joke's on him, I sleep diagonally regardless). He will sometimes come up to sleep on my chest or by my face, but only when he's very confident I'm unconscious and won't remember that he's affectionate.

growing up, I had an abyssinian/abby mix. She was the best cat and completely bonded to me. She used to sleep on my bed every night. In HS, I ended up with a lofted bed for space issues. For a couple nights she didn't sleep on my feet. Then watched me go up the ladder. After that, she climbed it one rung at a time like a tiny human, just to sleep on my feet at night again.

Attachments

• Chili2.jpg
    Chili2.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: 10 users
Growing up I learned to keep a spare pillow around for the kitties who want the whole thing to themselves.

My current cat is a foot of the bed kinda guy though. It's the only place he likes to sleep and I have to sleep diagonally so he has his space (joke's on him, I sleep diagonally regardless). He will sometimes come up to sleep on my chest or by my face, but only when he's very confident I'm unconscious and won't remember that he's affectionate.

Oh, there was a spare pillow. It just wasn't good enough for him.

growing up, I had an abyssinian/abby mix. She was the best cat and completely bonded to me. She used to sleep on my bed every night. In HS, I ended up with a lofted bed for space issues. For a couple nights she didn't sleep on my feet. Then watched me go up the ladder. After that, she climbed it one rung at a time like a tiny human, just to sleep on my feet at night again.
K.O. would climb up my old loft bed's ladder, but when I replaced it with a new loft bed the ladder was not up to par. Now I have my ladder and she has the old ladder, rigged up for cat use.

My hamster used to climb up my bed to visit and see what I was doing when I let him out to run around the room at night.

Friendliest little guy ever. People who say the pocket pets don't have personalities are crazy.

@dyachei ... your abyssinian/abby mix is (was) beautiful - and intelligent!!!

My hamster used to climb up my bed to visit and see what I was doing when I let him out to run around the room at night.

Friendliest little guy ever. People who say the pocket pets don't have personalities are crazy.

I saw two really awesome hamsters recently. Such chill little dudes - surprised me as most of the hamsters I've met in life just want to bite your hands off.

I used to have a Russian Dwarf that would escape to patrol my room at night. The only way to recapture him was to put his wheel down on the floor and wait for him to climb in.

6 months after he died, I went to move apartments and found an enormous cache of banana chips he'd built in an old boot.

I used to have a Russian Dwarf that would escape to patrol my room at night. The only way to recapture him was to put his wheel down on the floor and wait for him to climb in.

6 months after he died, I went to move apartments and found an enormous cache of banana chips he'd built in an old boot.
The hamster I had as a kid (technically my sisters, but I took care of it) would escape and we couldn't find her. I would just stay awake until I heard the plop. Every single time she escaped, she would somehow climb the toilet and plop into the bowl at 2 am on the nose. I once set a timer, panicked when I didn't hear the plop that she had drowned and I hadn't heard her, raced into the bathroom just in time to see her slide off the seat into the bowl.

The hamster I had as a kid (technically my sisters, but I took care of it) would escape and we couldn't find her. I would just stay awake until I heard the plop. Every single time she escaped, she would somehow climb the toilet and plop into the bowl at 2 am on the nose. I once set a timer, panicked when I didn't hear the plop that she had drowned and I hadn't heard her, raced into the bathroom just in time to see her slide off the seat into the bowl.
You really do need to write a book

Reactions: 9 users
You really do need to write a book
Because my sister drove the hamster to stealthy suicide attempts by making her go out on too many dates with Barbie?

Or was my description so eloquent that you somehow pictured all the possible permutations of how a hamster could mount a toilet seat for her precisely timed swan dive?

(Best I could come up with:

1. She climbed a towel or the shower curtain up to the edge of the tub, then made a running leap across the gap to the toilet seat.

2. She climbed the water connection hose on the back of the toilet from the floor to the junction of tank and wall, then bridged the gap with front and back paws and shimmied up Emperor's New Groove style, and finally, jumped from the top of the tank into the bowl.

3. She climbed the plunger and somehow got it to bend over to the seat edge.

4. Since she twice got in even with the lid shut, maybe she somehow did scamper up a porcelain overhang, lift a lid heavier than her, wiggle in, and make a desperate dive for water.)