All About Our Pets(Pics, Advice, Etc)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh, and help make cheese, and yogurt and butter and... keifer and... what else do I normally make? More cheese...

Oh and fresh milk hot cocoa!!!!
Ooo sign me up!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So feeding the baby GILF every few hours is going ok. I came from an ok selenium area, so I didn't have any BoSe on hand, so I have a call out to maybe get some tomorrow. Her brother is starting to nurse without help.

Mama makes enough milk that I have already had to milk off extra and will need to again tomorrow. Her sister needs to start milking regularly by the time Charlette gets to 2 weeks old. My last doe due will pop any day (meaning probably another week out or whenever the next thunderstorm comes through) and she gave about 2 gallons a day as a FF, so I should be drowning in milk as my cow gives birth in the next month or 2.

Um, hubs is useless. Anybody wanna come hold kids and gorgeous goats for sale pictures?
I volunteer!

I was a shepherd once. Now it's just the thing on my resume that gives interviewers something to ask me about, but I miss taking care of livestock.

Members don't see this ad :)
I volunteer!

I was a shepherd once. Now it's just the thing on my resume that gives interviewers something to ask me about, but I miss taking care of livestock.

I think I recall you saying it was your bed time at least an hour ago

Reactions: 1 user
I have to say I have a pet peeve and it's vertebral heart scores. I've always been told they get to be subjective due to breed variations and aren't very reliable but I know a lot of people that rely on them heavily, my associate included. I said something about it and she totally scoffed at me and told me every cardiologist disagrees with me (though it was the cardio at utk that warned us against using them).
Weird. The cardiologists I worked with last summer all used VHS. They did say consistency is key, so it's more accurate when done by someone who does it all the time.

Radiologists and cardiologists at utk didn't like them so I've never used them. Associate only uses them to determine heart disease on rads. Like won't even try without them

Radiologists and cardiologists at utk didn't like them so I've never used them. Associate only uses them to determine heart disease on rads. Like won't even try without them
Ah. These cardiologists mostly used them on chest rads of animals with suspected heart disease, but the heart size looked relatively normal. They also used them in animals with known heart disease to monitor progression. Seemed to work pretty well for them.

I was taught them, but I feel like our cardiologists didn't really use them at school too much, and I know our radiologist doesn't really use them here, so I tend to just look for the associated changes are judge based on the number of rib spaces involved the silhouette covers.

Although I already own an automatic feeder for my cat, I'm interested in buying a new one.

Have any of you tried the Pet Feedster PF-10 Plus (see photo below)?

Any comments about it - pro or con - for feeding cats?

https://www.petfeedster.com/pet-feedster-plus/

Pet Feedster PF 10 Plus.jpg

[Note: I have never been employed nor affiliated with Pet Feedster, in any capacity, at any time.]

I just look for signs of CHF on rads other than just an enlarged heart. Not going to start lasix on a dog unless I see pulmonary changes. I try to get people to do echo anyway, it is better for assessing the heart and heart failure and better for monitoring. And I know a lot of the cardiologists want us to do repeat BnP's to monitor heart failure.

I volunteer!

You are welcome anytime!

Well first I'd like to be able to walk so who knows when the sciatica will allow that to happen
Stupid spines. I got me a defective one too. I was told the guy who runs the complaints department swears he can only see the good ones, so I have to talk to this angry red feller instead.

Members don't see this ad :)
Stupid spines. I got me a defective one too. I was told the guy who runs the complaints department swears he can only see the good ones, so I have to talk to this angry red feller instead.
I got me an mri on monday to hopefully (FINALLY) see whats wrong with mine

Though, I have been searching the black market for a new back. I'll let you know if I find a second one

I got me an mri on monday to hopefully (FINALLY) see whats wrong with mine

Though, I have been searching the black market for a new back. I'll let you know if I find a second one

I had to find a good office chair in anticipation of med school, so I went back and forth between driving and walking on unforgiving surfaces until it all hurt like heck. Then I found the one office chair that made my sciatica less noticeable!

#bad spine lifehack

I had to find a good office chair in anticipation of med school, so I went back and forth between driving and walking on unforgiving surfaces until it all hurt like heck. Then I found the one office chair that made my sciatica less noticeable!

#bad spine lifehack
i've been using an office chair to wheel myself to the bathroom all weekend because walking was a no
#badspinelifehack

Worst part of spine mri is lying still flat on your back for like 30 minutes. I hope you get some answers though
lying perfectly still, listening to the gentle BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG of the mri machine...

Reactions: 3 users
As a warning, if you ever do the whole preggo thingy, it sucks to have a bad back.

Worst part of spine mri is lying still flat on your back for like 30 minutes. I hope you get some answers though
already have one less than pleasant mri experience, so why not add another? :laugh:
had to keep my casted leg that wasnt propped up enough on the table while getting a knee mri on the other leg. for half an hour. lots of struggles to keep that heavy leg up and not move a muscle

Last edited:
already have one less than pleasant mri experience, so why not add another? :laugh:
had to keep my casted leg that wasnt propped up enough on the table while getting a knee mri on the other leg. for half an hour. lots of struggles to keep that heavy leg up and not move a muscle
Oh my god, your tech should've done it up better than that!

I have weird joints and tend to get muscle spasms, so I'm a total pain for the people who have to set me up. Lots and lots of rolled-up towels. Although it was totally an MRI dude who was willing to show me how the iv starter thingies worked and followed it up with lots of jokes about learnin' to get the purest highs and factoids about IV drug use in deceased classic rockers.

Hot tip: don't inject alcohol into your veins. or much of anything else, really.

That sounds like a cool guy though
He really was. Especially before I got talking about medicine as a career, most medical folks were not so patient or willing. It made IVs stop freaking me out so much, too, so he got the bonus prize of not having to deal with a syncopal patient!

I think Motley Crue came up:

"When asking the Crue about an “average tour day at your party peak,” vocalist Vince Neil revealed, “You get up at 1 or 2 in the afternoon, get a bottle of Jack Daniels. First thing you do. We had made tuna, and the bowl still had tuna in it and it was sitting there for three days. You grab cereal, but we didn’t have milk, so you use Jack Daniels with your Capt’n Crunch.”

A milk replacement is not the only way the Crue improvised and creatively used whiskey. The group famously injected themselves with Jack Daniels IVs. “We thought it was a good idea,” bassist Nikki Sixx said. “I went to sleep quickly. It only happened once.” That’s when drummer Tommy Lee knew s— went way too far since they could have easily drank the beverage and intravenous was not necessary and was ultimately an extraneous step."

Read More: Motley Crue Explain Multiple Ways to Use Jack Daniels in CNN Interview | Motley Crue Explain Multiple Ways to Use Jack Daniels in CNN Interview

There's not a single cute pet picture on this page of the pet thread, I demand a refund.

There, that better?

Attachments

• 19800685_10209697598372492_9116739043355600819_o.jpg
    19800685_10209697598372492_9116739043355600819_o.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: 3 users
I find mris to be quite soothing, fell asleep during mine both times :laugh:
When I was 15 I had to get three MRIs back-to-back. I got bored enough that I started counting to 1000 in multiples of 3, then 4, 5, 6, 7...

There's not a single cute pet picture on this page of the pet thread, I demand a refund.
@LyraGardenia ... here is a photo of the sweet little tripod kitten who was adopted a few weeks ago.

His right hind leg was amputated following a hit-and-run car accident.

He found his forever home with a wonderful family and he's doing well.

Mr. Smith 2017.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
I brought home this adorable puppy eight years ago today! Raising a puppy was way more work than I thought, but he turned out pretty good.
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender-1.jpg

Reactions: 11 users
We recently started letting the dog sleep in our room. He's a year and a half and we kept him crated overnight for house training but also because he'll get into sht. However, he is not allowed on the bed. Well...I've recently been letting him up when husband is gone. Except now he'll jump on sometimes when my husband is here I have to pretend to be shocked and appalled and kick him back off. I am a bad dog mother and a lying wife. Please absolve me.
Photo on 7-14-17 at 10.20 AM.jpg

Reactions: 10 users
We recently started letting the dog sleep in our room. He's a year and a half and we kept him crated overnight for house training but also because he'll get into sht. However, he is not allowed on the bed. Well...I've recently been letting him up when husband is gone. Except now he'll jump on sometimes when my husband is here I have to pretend to be shocked and appalled and kick him back off. I am a bad dog mother and a lying wife. Please absolve me.View attachment 221399
You are cordially invited to join the "pet-on-the-bed" club!

I'm pretty sure everyone in this forum is already a member of this club ... or will be a member in the future! :D

Reactions: 2 users
You are cordially invited to join the "pet-on-the-bed" club!

I'm pretty sure everyone in this forum is already a member of this club ... or will be a member in the future! :D
Mine won't even stay on the bed if invited up. One has her preferred circle of hardwood, the other has a square of bathroom tile as a favorite sleeping spot. Perks of nordic dogs that hate being hot!

We recently started letting the dog sleep in our room. He's a year and a half and we kept him crated overnight for house training but also because he'll get into sht. However, he is not allowed on the bed. Well...I've recently been letting him up when husband is gone. Except now he'll jump on sometimes when my husband is here I have to pretend to be shocked and appalled and kick him back off. I am a bad dog mother and a lying wife. Please absolve me.View attachment 221399
Have you considered crating your husband and giving your dog the bed? :D

Reactions: 11 users
I definitely have a similar thing with my older kitty when I'm home. She likes to sleep on the couch but my mom doesn't let animals on the furniture (except my bed). Buuuut I've always let her snuggle with me on the couch when mom isn't home :laugh: And of course at my place the cats are allowed wherever except the kitchen counters lol