All About Our Pets(Pics, Advice, Etc)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My betta from aquabid, Yondu, just died this past Monday. :( He had spots of hemorrhage around his gills.
:( yeah, Dean died this morning. He was having buoyancy issues and I’d been treating him for constipation and SBD, but he didn’t make it... it’s been a rough day.

And before anyone says, no I didn’t overfeed him. SBD is usually caused by overfeeding but I monitor it...

Members don't see this ad.

:( yeah, Dean died this morning. He was having buoyancy issues and I’d been treating him for constipation and SBD, but he didn’t make it... it’s been a rough day.

And before anyone says, no I didn’t overfeed him. SBD is usually caused by overfeeding but I monitor it...
I’m sorry. Bettas live a stressed life before they get to us. Some just never overcome it.

Reactions: 1 user
For the first time ever, my female gpig gave me piggy kisses today. I'm sure it's more because I taste like salt cause the weather has decided it's not fall yet and I'm sweating, but in the almost 5 years I've had her, she's never done this to me.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think I've shared this pic of one of my kitties, and I think he's so handsome!

Tanuki 2017.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
May be adopting a new friend soon! I'm probably way too overly excited. This dog failed out of the assistance program because it "had an extra set of batteries" is how it was described. I have yet to meet the dog but I'm really hoping she's not too crazy. She's a yellow lab that's 1.5 years old and isn't spayed so maybe spaying will calm her down? My apartment complex has a small fenced in dog park that I was going to take her to before and after class to burn off some energy.. but I'll probably have to crate her during the day first to make sure she doesn't tear my place up.. I'll be able to come home during lunch 2-3 times a week probably to let her out... there's tons of dog walking places close by and was going to take her to daycare a couple times a month on more busy days. Am I crazy or could this work out? Hopefully she's cat friendly as well. Hoping to meet her this week once she's picked up.

Reactions: 1 users
Many years ago when first setting up my aquarium, we got 6 panda corys. They did so well that those 6 became well over 20 and I even gave some away to my sister. At some point they stopped breeding and their numbers slowly dwindled. I had two for a long time and in the past few months one must have died and I was down to one. These fish love company, so I felt bad for the little guy. I kept looking for them at the fish store, but they never had them. This past weekend I asked if they ever got them and they offered to order them for me! I got the call today that my fish were in, so I brought 7 new pandas home to join my lonely one. Shorty after I released them into the tank, the resident panda came across them and he seemed legit excited! He rushed over to them and wiggles all around and then just followed them everywhere they went. For anyone that says fish don’t feel emotion, I beg to differ.

I also got three clown loaches and a yellow rabbit snail. I was so excited to let them all free in the tank tonight!

Edit: I think I want to name the rabbit snail “Bunnicula.” Will take other good rabbit name suggestions.

Reactions: 5 users
Many years ago when first setting up my aquarium, we got 6 panda corys. They did so well that those 6 became well over 20 and I even gave some away to my sister. At some point they stopped breeding and their numbers slowly dwindled. I had two for a long time and in the past few months one must have died and I was down to one. These fish love company, so I felt bad for the little guy. I kept looking for them at the fish store, but they never had them. This past weekend I asked if they ever got them and they offered to order them for me! I got the call today that my fish were in, so I brought 7 new pandas home to join my lonely one. Shorty after I released them into the tank, the resident panda came across them and he seemed legit excited! He rushed over to them and wiggles all around and then just followed them everywhere they went. For anyone that says fish don’t feel emotion, I beg to differ.

I also got three clown loaches and a yellow rabbit snail. I was so excited to let them all free in the tank tonight!

Edit: I think I want to name the rabbit snail “Bunnicula.” Will take other good rabbit name suggestions.
List of Watership Down characters - Wikipedia

as a general thought

Members don't see this ad :)
Ivy's cardiologist is having a picture contest of patients enjoying life.
Help me out and vote! I'm a late entry. "Tennis ball crazy Ivy" would appreciate winning the goodie bag!

Tennis ball crazy Ivy!
Thanks to those who went! If you have the time to vote daily, we would greatly appreciate it!

large_3d02e0d50c8f36e263d238d0e77da200.jpg

Last edited:
My brother sent me this photo of Simba in his Halloween costume that was too cute not to share.

20224AE4-31F4-48DD-8AD4-C46AB19D7B38.jpeg

Reactions: 9 users
Has anyone tried any of the more interactive puzzles toys like Clever Pet??? Looking to get something for my dog who has been getting a bit more destructive (think he's a little bored now that I live by myself and doesn't have other people/other dogs around) and recently landed him at my work place for 48 hours of IVF diuresis due to trash/grape ingestion. Been thinking of trying something like Clever Pet that will hopefully keep his brain engaged with puzzles that are constantly changing.

Exercise your pet's mind + body

Has anyone tried any of the more interactive puzzles toys like Clever Pet??? Looking to get something for my dog who has been getting a bit more destructive (think he's a little bored now that I live by myself and doesn't have other people/other dogs around) and recently landed him at my work place for 48 hours of IVF diuresis due to trash/grape ingestion. Been thinking of trying something like Clever Pet that will hopefully keep his brain engaged with puzzles that are constantly changing.

I've never used this specifically but I've had great success with puzzle toys for my incredibly naughty cat. I have a rotation of three or four of them and I'll switch them out every so often to keep him on his toes.

Clever Pet has been out of my budget, but I use a variety of other toys.

Look up the Foobler - it's a timed feeding toy that dispenses treats q15-60 minutes.
I also do Kong wobblers, busy buddy magic mushroom/tug a jug, frozen kongs, and frozen stuffed hooves/bones

Clever Pet has been out of my budget, but I use a variety of other toys.

Look up the Foobler - it's a timed feeding toy that dispenses treats q15-60 minutes.
I also do Kong wobblers, busy buddy magic mushroom/tug a jug, frozen kongs, and frozen stuffed hooves/bones

I was going to say - what about frozen stuffed stuff?

I think that she puts up with my two nieces quite well. Proud of my ten and a half year old dog :)

Attachments

• 1104172024.jpg
    1104172024.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 49
Sigh.

I'm sure that had to be the MOST comfortable way to sit while Kelly and I were having lunch.

My dog is 'special'.

Preston.JPG

Reactions: 10 users
Look at her rolling her eyes at you because you're NOT sitting like that

That would be his (Preston) "Look! Geese! I wonder if I can jump that high?" look.

He's ... terribly sweet, terribly energetic, and not all that brilliant. Kinda got the worst of both Lab and Husky brain.

But he's playful, doesn't bark, runs well, and makes a great blood donor, so long as I put a toe on the scale to push him over 50#. So he redeems himself. A better pic of him after he and Kelly did their Badass Dash (OCR):

IMG_5293.JPG

Reactions: 7 users
makes a great blood donor, so long as I put a toe on the scale to push him over 50#. So he redeems himself. A better pic of him after he and Kelly did their Badass Dash (OCR):

View attachment 225162

Poor starving dog...he wants ice cream and cookies before he donates blood, not your toe on the scale!

I've been browsing for dogs myself but haven't committed. Congrats on the new pup! I'm sure he'll fit right in! Is he another Icie?
Sure is! Half brother (same bitch) as Ivy. I wasn't really looking yet, wanted to wait until the spring, but this litter is amazing- I obvs like the mother's lines, but the father is one of my favorite dogs so I couldn't resist.

And speaking of my crazy dogs,
Today is Noelle's 10 year "coming home" anniversary. She's celebrating with couch privileges and a new bone, and some extra time playing fetch in the snow without the obnoxious Ivy there to steal the ball.

And Ivy ran her second Fast CAT in the snow this morning. 21.11mph for the baby dog, a much better run than her first, only 6mph behind the #1 Icelandic. No more runs til spring, but we are really loving this sport.

Reactions: 3 users
Well, I decided to bite the bullet and just purchased the Clever Pet for my dog after he chewed up a phone charger the other day (and I definitely could crate him...I just feel bad with my hours...also looking into a walker but I'm very picky). Will report back on how it goes once it arrives. Figured even if he doesn't love it, maybe a future dog will since I plan to have corgis in the future.

Well, I decided to bite the bullet and just purchased the Clever Pet for my dog after he chewed up a phone charger the other day (and I definitely could crate him...I just feel bad with my hours...also looking into a walker but I'm very picky). Will report back on how it goes once it arrives. Figured even if he doesn't love it, maybe a future dog will since I plan to have corgis in the future.
@nohika this is the thing you have for your two right?

Darn intact female marking in my apartment and making it smell. I feel like I smell like dog piss all the time now. Hard to tell if it's behavioral or not. She's sort of getting the hang of standing by the door to let me know she has to go out, but 1.) she is inconsistent and sometimes just pops a squat out of no where (even if she peed outside within the last hour), 2.) She sleeps in my bed and I don't always wake up. I don't want to crate her because the cuddles are so good :arghh:

CYTOPOINT shots for atopic dermatitis have been fantastic for our papillon. When we rescued her she was chewing herself raw and a lot of her fur was rubbed off. Now she doesn't chew at all (until the shot is about to wear off) and is so much happier. Great vet-med product our vet recommended.

CYTOPOINT shots for atopic dermatitis have been fantastic for our papillon. When we rescued her she was chewing herself raw and a lot of her fur was rubbed off. Now she doesn't chew at all (until the shot is about to wear off) and is so much happier. Great vet-med product our vet recommended.
When this stuff works, man it works.