All About Our Pets(Pics, Advice, Etc)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, I see your point for a 'regular' dog, but my dog gets a bath (usually with medicated shampoo) twice a week to keep his superficial pyoderma manageable. So that's only 7x as often as they recommend... I know they say it works quite a while even with frequent bathing but I beg to differ that it will last that long with bathing him as often as the dermatologist told me to do it.
Wouldn't that be the same for any flea product though? Even the topical ones would fail to last as long as the label claims with frequent bathing. This is the stuff my boss has me call the manufacturer over lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Wouldn't that be the same for any flea product though? Even the topical ones would fail to last as long as the label claims with frequent bathing. This is the stuff my boss has me call the manufacturer over lol.
(I think that’s why she has to reapply a different flea product halfway through the month)

Reactions: 1 users

Yeah, if you look back farther in this thread you’ll see where I initially talked about how I’ve been told to treat with advantage multi on the 1st and advantix 2 on the 15th. I use advantage multi for heart worms primarily (dog has ibd and can’t have meat flavorings so we use a topical hw med) but the flea coverage lasts until halfway through the month, then we top off flea coverage with the advantix. Yes, it washes off, but I’d be buying a heartworm product and a flea/tick product regardless, so it isn’t any more expensive than protecting a ‘regular dog’ if I do it that way because of redundancy in some ingredients and the timing with when I apply them.

OP initially asked what people use, so I explained what works for us. She countered asking if I’d used seresto and I explained why it doesn’t make sense for My situation. If I was giving heartworm prevention via heartgard or something, then yes, I would have to buy double flea tick meds, and maybe seresto would be a better choice. I still probably wouldn’t choose it personally because of other reasons I listed besides the bathing problem, but that’s just me. I know a parasitologist that uses it on her own dog without issue so I’m not saying it’s an inherently bad product, just not for me and my dog. But with seresto you’re paying extra for the convenience of a long term product and I just don’t get long term usage out of it so it isnt worth the extra expense for us. This kind of stuff gets fairly close to veterinary advice, imo, so I was trying to keep it fairly focused on my own personal experiences.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, if you look back farther in this thread you’ll see where I initially talked about how I’ve been told to treat with advantage multi on the 1st and advantix 2 on the 15th. I use advantage multi for heart worms primarily (dog has ibd and can’t have meat flavorings so we use a topical hw med) but the flea coverage lasts until halfway through the month, then we top off flea coverage with the advantix. Yes, it washes off, but I’d be buying a heartworm product and a flea/tick product regardless, so it isn’t any more expensive than protecting a ‘regular dog’ if I do it that way because of redundancy in some ingredients and the timing with when I apply them.

OP initially asked what people use, so I explained what works for us. She countered asking if I’d used seresto and I explained why it doesn’t make sense for My situation. If I was giving heartworm prevention via heartgard or something, then yes, I would have to buy double flea tick meds, and maybe seresto would be a better choice. I still probably wouldn’t choose it personally because of other reasons I listed besides the bathing problem, but that’s just me. I know a parasitologist that uses it on her own dog without issue so I’m not saying it’s an inherently bad product, just not for me and my dog. This kind of stuff gets fairly close to veterinary advice, imo, so I was trying to keep it fairly focused on my own personal experiences.
I did read that, I guess I still see an advantage with Seresto since they seem to be the only product on the market that specifically says "If you bathe/swim a lot, x is how long your product can last." I had a lunch and learn years ago where the rep couldn't honestly tell us whether a topical would still be around for an allergy/pyoderma dog who needed a lot of bathing like yours. Idr the specific product she was pushing, but you really start to realize that there aren't quite as many studies as these companies want you to think are behind these products. Safety studies for sure, but when it comes to practical situations frequently encountered in vet med...

ETA: Should clarify that I'm just referring to the flea/tick aspect. I get that your dog has issues with chewable HWP so that does change things.

Last edited:
I did read that, I guess I still see an advantage with Seresto since they seem to be the only product on the market that specifically says "If you bathe/swim a lot, x is how long your product can last." I had a lunch and learn years ago where the rep couldn't honestly tell us whether a topical would still be around for an allergy/pyoderma dog who needed a lot of bathing like yours. Idr the specific product she was pushing, but you really start to realize that there aren't quite as many studies as these companies want you to think are behind these products. Safety studies for sure, but when it comes to practical situations frequently encountered in vet med...

ETA: Should clarify that I'm just referring to the flea/tick aspect. I get that your dog has issues with chewable HWP so that does change things.

Moving from my dog down to your train of thought, what do they mean by “a lot”? The website says once a month or more but does that mean 4x? 10x? Daily? The mechanism of the collar is to release product when concentrations are low on the skin. I just don’t see how a blanket statement of “lasts x long with swimming and bathing” can apply with that mechanism of action when “a lot” for one dog may be daily and once a week for another dog. I’m sure they controlled how many times dogs were shampooed or rinsed with water. I tried to find the study that says that and I could only find the once-a-month bath publication.

Moving from my dog down to your train of thought, what do they mean by “a lot”? The website says once a month or more but does that mean 4x? 10x? Daily? The mechanism of the collar is to release product when concentrations are low on the skin. I just don’t see how a blanket statement of “lasts x long with swimming and bathing” can apply with that mechanism of action when “a lot” for one dog may be daily and once a week for another dog. I’m sure they controlled how many times dogs were shampooed or rinsed with water. I tried to find the study that says that and I could only find the once-a-month bath publication.
That's where you'd call the manufacturer and hope they don't just repeat word for word what you already know, lol.

Once again, bragging about my baby dog. Finally got the certificate for her AKC Trick Dog Performer title!
Also had some awesome agility runs today - every event was a qualifying run, and got lots of ribbons. Her nickname might still be dingbat, but she's really growing into a nicely focused dog.

Attachments

• 27654356_10103128341240981_1363483100339196881_n.jpg
    27654356_10103128341240981_1363483100339196881_n.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: 7 users
Once again, bragging about my baby dog. Finally got the certificate for her AKC Trick Dog Performer title!
Also had some awesome agility runs today - every event was a qualifying run, and got lots of ribbons. Her nickname might still be dingbat, but she's really growing into a nicely focused dog.
YAY BABY GIRL!!!!!

I've got a puzzle for you all.

My second cat I got back in October was a stray. She's a little over a year old now.

She has been pooping in the bathtub intermittently ever since then. Not peeing. She always pees in the litter box (thank god). In all honesty, pooping in the bathtub is probably the best place to poop in terms of cleanup. It's still frustrating though.

Let me tell you all the tricks I've tried:
  1. Filling the bathtub with water--she poops on the carpet outside of the tub
  2. Putting a litter in the tub--she poops NEXT to the litter box, still in the tub (we did get this method to work ONCE--only when we moved all the litter boxes to the tub so she couldn't poop there but that's quite a hassle)
  3. Trying different litter types (we currently use clay-based, but have tried paper pellets and brown pine? I think)--no dice
  4. Getting more litters so she doesn't have to share with her sister--4 boxes does nothing
  5. Keeping a litter in a separate location (in the bathroom) for her to use--her sister uses that one more actually now and she doesn't use it much
  6. Getting larger litter boxes--nope
Whyyyyyyy? Help me pls.

My second cat I got back in October was a stray. She's a little over a year old now.

She has been pooping in the bathtub intermittently ever since then. Not peeing. She always pees in the litter box (thank god). In all honesty, pooping in the bathtub is probably the best place to poop in terms of cleanup. It's still frustrating though.

2. Putting a litter in the tub--she poops NEXT to the litter box, still in the tub (we did get this method to work ONCE--only when we moved all the litter boxes to the tub so she couldn't poop there but that's quite a hassle)
  3. Trying different litter types (we currently use clay-based, but have tried paper pellets and brown pine? I think)--no dice
  4. Getting more litters so she doesn't have to share with her sister--4 boxes does nothing
  5. Keeping a litter in a separate location (in the bathroom) for her to use--her sister uses that one more actually now and she doesn't use it much
Whyyyyyyy? Help me pls.
Are you able to just keep the bathroom door closed so she can't access the tub at all?

Yes, but then she poops on the carpet next to where we have their litters normally.
Cats can get litter box avoidance with defecation if it’s uncomfortable. Probably would be a good idea to get her checked out to see if anything’s going on back there, or if she’s constipated or having harder stools to pass.

Whyyyyyyy? Help me pls.

Sorry but this is probably a "Make an appointment with your vet" kind of thing :\

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, but then she poops on the carpet next to where we have their litters normally.

Cats can get litter box avoidance with defecation if it’s uncomfortable. Probably would be a good idea to get her checked out to see if anything’s going on back there, or if she’s constipated or having harder stools to pass.

Sorry but this is probably a "Make an appointment with your vet" kind of thing :\
Thirding this. With litter box issues it's always important to rule out medical things (and with what appear to be behavioral issues in general) because that is what they often stem from.

Update: Vet appt scheduled for later today.

I just looked in her ears and saw the left ear has a bunch of gunk in it. She had ear mites when she first came into the SPCA but it was being treated when we got her and we were sent home with syringes of meds to give her (which I did, as instructed). It was both ears that had mites before. This was back in November. She was rechecked at the end of Nov, had a bunch of ear gunk left over, but no larvae or mites. They cleaned everything up.

I know mites are really contagious, so it wouldn't make sense that she still has them bc her right ear is fine and her sister's ears are picture perfect. Maybe she got a secondary infection? And it's been bugging her this whole time, hence the pooping in the tub. But ear infections aren't common in cats, so maybe not.

Just my novice theory. The vet will know more.

New foster boy. I love him already <3

Attachments

• IMG_3697.JPG
    IMG_3697.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone ever had to get a PU done on their cat? My beautiful baby boy (in the upper left corner) is in need of one...
He can only dribble urine since his penis is so distorted :( I'm nervous for him he'll be 2 in April! Ant words of advice/encouragement??

Has anyone ever had to get a PU done on their cat? My beautiful baby boy (in the upper left corner) is in need of one...
He can only dribble urine since his penis is so distorted :( I'm nervous for him he'll be 2 in April! Ant words of advice/encouragement??
Your cat is adorable ... so suggest you listen to your veterinarian's advice/recommendations ('cuz the vet wants your cat to be well and healthy, too).

Sending you and your best boy lots of good thoughts! Keep us posted please. :cat:

Reactions: 2 users
I personally haven't, but I work as a tech at a feline only practice so I've seen a handful throughout the years. Recently, another tech had to do a PU on her cat. He recovered well, and his overall quality of life is vastly improved. Best of luck with your guy, he's adorable!

Thanks all! I appreciate it! :) He isn't currently blocked but his penis is so messed up the end is discolored and it takes a very noticeable curve (he's been cathed a few times) This is a preventative measure. I'm hoping it goes well but it won't be routine, we can only get a Cath in about 2-3 cm. His surgery is March 26th!

Can anyone offer advice on supplements for a middle/older aged dog?

She is a 7 year old lab and my whole world... Never had any issues until a few months ago when I gently rubbed her hind end area (aka BUTT RUBS!!!) after a about a 5 mile run. She yelped out in pain when I touched her, but she can walk/run just fine without any noticeable limp whatsoever. After a few days she let me rub her again, so I chalked it up to being sore from the run. This happens any time we go on a strenuous hike or run. Again, no limp, and hasn't cried out since the first time, but rather just quickly runs away to her bed when I try to gently pet/feel her but/leg area. Her nails and pads are in great shape, she poops and pees normally, she's still as happy and active as she was 6 years ago... A vet tech friend advised I try some hip joint support supplements, and in the meantime I have an appointment with the Vet this week, but I was wondering what all of you might suggest for this situation? Right now the only thing I do is add salmon oil to her dry food. No other supps.

Can anyone offer advice on supplements for a middle/older aged dog?

She is a 7 year old lab and my whole world... Never had any issues until a few months ago when I gently rubbed her hind end area (aka BUTT RUBS!!!) after a about a 5 mile run. She yelped out in pain when I touched her, but she can walk/run just fine without any noticeable limp whatsoever. After a few days she let me rub her again, so I chalked it up to being sore from the run. This happens any time we go on a strenuous hike or run. Again, no limp, and hasn't cried out since the first time, but rather just quickly runs away to her bed when I try to gently pet/feel her but/leg area. Her nails and pads are in great shape, she poops and pees normally, she's still as happy and active as she was 6 years ago... A vet tech friend advised I try some hip joint support supplements, and in the meantime I have an appointment with the Vet this week, but I was wondering what all of you might suggest for this situation? Right now the only thing I do is add salmon oil to her dry food. No other supps.
This is the kind of thing best discussed with your vet who has/will have examined your pet and knows her full medical history, in my opinion. Maybe it's something a supplement could help, but maybe not. Regardless, I hope whatever is going on is better soon!

This is the kind of thing best discussed with your vet who has/will have examined your pet and knows her full medical history, in my opinion. Maybe it's something a supplement could help, but maybe not. Regardless, I hope whatever is going on is better soon!
Absolutely. The appointment isn't until Friday so this is just me being anxious and curious. Trying to gather as many opinions or similar experiences as possible! Thanks for the kind words.

Looking for advice ... I have a 1 year old yellow lab/border collie mix. She was a rescue and has separation anxiety. I currently work third shift at an ER vet (10pm-8am) and work 30 hours a week. I am having issues with my dog waking my roommates up and being annoying when I am not there overnight. I think it's more of a not tired thing than separation anxiety because she sleeps with me during the day and then wants to be awake when my roommates sleep. She can't be in her cage all night while I am at work and she unfortunately can't come to work with me. Any ideas on what I can do so my roommates don't get fed up with her? Thanks!

Looking for advice ... I have a 1 year old yellow lab/border collie mix. She was a rescue and has separation anxiety. I currently work third shift at an ER vet (10pm-8am) and work 30 hours a week. I am having issues with my dog waking my roommates up and being annoying when I am not there overnight. I think it's more of a not tired thing than separation anxiety because she sleeps with me during the day and then wants to be awake when my roommates sleep. She can't be in her cage all night while I am at work and she unfortunately can't come to work with me. Any ideas on what I can do so my roommates don't get fed up with her? Thanks!

Talk to your vet about these issues.

So you're out 3 nights a week? Dog-walker? But that costs $.... My chocolate turned 2 recently and she is nuts (american lab). There is no such thing as naps during the day, ever. If her joints can take it/you get the OK from your vet -- you could start going for runs with her? I do about 3-4 miles on the trail about 2-3 times a week. Since you're not out every night, she could rest on the off days so it's not back to back impact exercise. Or if she likes water like mine does, I do bumper training with her and that poops her out. Or if I don't have time to go to the water, I will play land fetch with the chuck it -- and we've gotten to the point that in warmer weather when she can't full on sprint, I'll fake her out, and she'll know it was a fake out but that's the signal to "find it" and then she crisscrosses the field at a more reasonable pace trying to find it. She comes home, eats 3 cups of kibs, and then will be calm for the next several hours. I have some resources for teaching basic retrieving and what not and she's young enough that you could introduce her to water so she's not deathly afraid of it! Hopefully you can figure out a medication free way, otherwise, best of luck; I know it's tough :/
IMG_1215.JPG

Hopefully you can figure out a medication free way, otherwise, best of luck; I know it's tough :/
View attachment 230178
Just wanna say if your vet thinks medication could help, there is nothing wrong with going that route. Behavior modification often includes medication, at least for a time, and that's fine. Separation anxiety is just that--anxiety. Dogs can need medication just like humans do, and that's fine. Medication isn't just a last resort.

@staff_wielder your dog is beautiful - look at that fetch - awesome!

Thanks!

Just wanna say if your vet thinks medication could help, there is nothing wrong with going that route. Behavior modification often includes medication, at least for a time, and that's fine. Separation anxiety is just that--anxiety. Dogs can need medication just like humans do, and that's fine. Medication isn't just a last resort.

Whoa. Not saying it's a last resort OR that anything is wrong with medication OR that you shouldn't listen to your Vet. Just approaching the issue with an overall lifestyle outlook first before moving to medication or behavior therapy or any other method... didn't mean to ruffle feathers.

P.S. Does the vet community agree with the research community that we technically still don't know if animals have such things as anxiety or depression? I'm in research currently and we have to use phrases such as "anxiety-like" or "depression-like" when publishing...

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks!

Whoa. Not saying it's a last resort OR that anything is wrong with medication OR that you shouldn't listen to your Vet. Just approaching the issue with an overall lifestyle outlook first before moving to medication or behavior therapy or any other method... didn't mean to ruffle feathers.

P.S. Does the vet community agree with the research community that we technically still don't know if animals have such things as anxiety or depression? I'm in research currently and we have to use phrases such as "anxiety-like" or "depression-like" when publishing...
Separation anxiety is one of the bigger behavior problems which pet owners seek veterinary advice for, so I feel like we do think animals suffer anxiety, maybe less so depression.

Reactions: 4 users
Separation anxiety is one of the bigger behavior problems which pet owners seek veterinary advice for, so I feel like we do think animals suffer anxiety, maybe less so depression.

Our school behaviorist definitely feels animals can be depressed as well from her experiences and research. Opinions probably vary on it depending on who you ask?

I definitely think animals mourn. I hadn't ever really thought about them being depressed.
I’ll try to find the paper she had us discuss last year in our Human Animal Bond class. It was really interesting!

I’ll try to find the paper she had us discuss last year in our Human Animal Bond class. It was really interesting!
This is such an interesting topic and I am in the "emotions" camp. Behavior is one of my favorite specialties (and I think the human animal bond is SO ESSENTIAL to our field/as doctors) and I've started offering behavior consults at my practice. Separation anxiety, vet-visit related anxiety......it goes on. With pets who are really bonded, when I euthanize a pet, I express concerns to my owners about not just their own grief but other pets in the household. We'll never know if an animal "feels" depression but I think they definitely experience grief just as much as they experience joy. And the whole scale in between.

I think the other big issue for a lot of people is that mental health within the human field is still so limited (and under-recognized). So when I talk about anxiety (or depression) with my clients, they might scoff at first (these same people might say depression isn't a thing). :shrug: But then I have others who completely agree that their dog is anxious and after trying some other options, consider medication much more readily.

To @eeeee723 - I agree with @that redhead . Talk to your vet. Or someone else behaviorally inclined (not everyone loves behavior as much as I do ;))

Reactions: 7 users
Talk to your vet about these issues.

Thanks!

This is such an interesting topic and I am in the "emotions" camp. Behavior is one of my favorite specialties (and I think the human animal bond is SO ESSENTIAL to our field/as doctors) and I've started offering behavior consults at my practice. Separation anxiety, vet-visit related anxiety......it goes on. With pets who are really bonded, when I euthanize a pet, I express concerns to my owners about not just their own grief but other pets in the household. We'll never know if an animal "feels" depression but I think they definitely experience grief just as much as they experience joy. And the whole scale in between.

I think the other big issue for a lot of people is that mental health within the human field is still so limited (and under-recognized). So when I talk about anxiety (or depression) with my clients, they might scoff at first (these same people might say depression isn't a thing). :shrug: But then I have others who completely agree that their dog is anxious and after trying some other options, consider medication much more readily.

To @eeeee723 - I agree with @that redhead . Talk to your vet. Or someone else behaviorally inclined (not everyone loves behavior as much as I do ;))

Sorry all, I probably should have mentioned that she has seen a behaviorist (whom we love very much!) and she is on meds, but we are currently trying to find the right combination of meds for her. Since she is young, most meds seem to have the opposite effect and they make her even more wired. We recently found a drug that actually makes her slightly sleepy, just not to the effect that it should. While I think the medications definitely help, I'm hoping she will get better when she is on an actual schedule (I end my job in June and start vet school in August!).

I try to get a walk in with her every day. She does love to run, unfortunately due to previous hip issues as a teenager, I can not run. I have a fenced in backyard where she can chase a ball and run which I think helps a lot! As for doggy day care, she is also fearful towards other dogs and I am worried that in a setting like that with other dogs running up to her she may become aggressive. She has not been aggressive towards other dogs before, but she does bark and have pilo erection when she sees unfamiliar dogs. That being said, when I go to my parents she loves playing with their 1 1/2 year old lab and they get along great.

Recently I've been thinking about possibly starting her in agility training. I think she would love it and it would be a good way to make her tired. Maybe I will give this a shot! Thanks for all of the advice!!

Reactions: 4 users
Our school behaviorist definitely feels animals can be depressed as well from her experiences and research. Opinions probably vary on it depending on who you ask?

I definitely think animals mourn. I hadn't ever really thought about them being depressed.

Definitely agree with the above. Or at least, I feel/think that way, personally. I don't know, maybe it's because I volunteer with a rescue organization and after you see enough stuff, there is no way you don't "feel" that animals can feel anxiety, depression, love, etc.

Can you please send to me, as well? Definitely interested in that.

Kdubs -- I know you know a lot more of the reasons why I decided to switch out of research for Vetmed -- one of those reasons being, at some point, it just gets too hard to walk by the mice, rats, pigs, dogs, and monkeys, and seeing some of the stuff that goes on in the name of research conducted by researchers, and then have those same researchers say, we can't say for certain that these animals experience "anxiety", or "depression". I understand the science of it (they don't talk, and we don't know enough yada yada), but it's emotionally distressing none-the-less, as in my mind, these animals have even less of a voice than any other animals. Then I go home to my doggy and I think about her being in research and... just gutted.

Don't get me started on the clients who say depression isn't a thing o_O

Sorry all, I probably should have mentioned that she has seen a behaviorist (whom we love very much!) and she is on meds, but we are currently trying to find the right combination of meds for her. Since she is young, most meds seem to have the opposite effect and they make her even more wired. We recently found a drug that actually makes her slightly sleepy, just not to the effect that it should. While I think the medications definitely help, I'm hoping she will get better when she is on an actual schedule (I end my job in June and start vet school in August!).

I try to get a walk in with her every day. She does love to run, unfortunately due to previous hip issues as a teenager, I can not run. I have a fenced in backyard where she can chase a ball and run which I think helps a lot! As for doggy day care, she is also fearful towards other dogs and I am worried that in a setting like that with other dogs running up to her she may become aggressive. She has not been aggressive towards other dogs before, but she does bark and have pilo erection when she sees unfamiliar dogs. That being said, when I go to my parents she loves playing with their 1 1/2 year old lab and they get along great.

Recently I've been thinking about possibly starting her in agility training. I think she would love it and it would be a good way to make her tired. Maybe I will give this a shot! Thanks for all of the advice!!
Aw yeahhhhhh. Okay. Great. Tired dogs are happy dogs. Also, dogs that need work (like agility, etc) - NEED WORK. Like, they're so much happier!! So please do agility, or dock diving, or all manner of activities.

For the behavior side of things and meds, it's interesting about her being young and having opposite effects. I think she will be much better when she adjusts to your new schedule (dogs love routine!!) I'd be happy to chat with you about inter-dog aggression too. If you're comfortable talking to me, send me a PM.

Kdubs -- I know you know a lot more of the reasons why I decided to switch out of research for Vetmed -- one of those reasons being, at some point, it just gets too hard to walk by the mice, rats, pigs, dogs, and monkeys, and seeing some of the stuff that goes on in the name of research conducted by researchers, and then have those same researchers say, we can't say for certain that these animals experience "anxiety", or "depression". I understand the science of it (they don't talk, and we don't know enough yada yada), but it's emotionally distressing none-the-less, as in my mind, these animals have even less of a voice than any other animals. Then I go home to my doggy and I think about her being in research and... just gutted.
There, there, staffy :biglove: You know how I feel about you. I would not survive in research with the mentality that you've had to deal with for so long - mad respect for you.

The reason I'm in vet med is because I'm always advocating for the voiceless. It's why I'm not going to stick around in small animal I don't think - I want to promote conservation and all of the animals that nobody loves (as much as cats and dogs).

There, there, staffy :biglove: You know how I feel about you. I would not survive in research with the mentality that you've had to deal with for so long - mad respect for you.

:love:

The reason I'm in vet med is because I'm always advocating for the voiceless. It's why I'm not going to stick around in small animal I don't think - I want to promote conservation and all of the animals that nobody loves (as much as cats and dogs).

Little seal babies!

Just wanted to show off my little 5 month old Whippet, Hurley. He came to me quite unexpectedly right before Thanksgiving when one of the vets I work with, who also breeds and shows Whippets, diagnosed him with congenital megaesophagus and asked me if I wanted him knowing I have a soft spot of special animals. Managing such a condition definitely has its ups and downs, but he's done very well so far. :happy:

Hurley10.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
Just wanted to show off my little 5 month old Whippet, Hurley. He came to me quite unexpectedly right before Thanksgiving when one of the vets I work with, who also breeds and shows Whippets, diagnosed him with congenital megaesophagus and asked me if I wanted him knowing I have a soft spot of special animals. Managing such a condition definitely has its ups and downs, but he's done very well so far. :happy:

View attachment 230194
Oh my god he’s so cute and so is your pupper in your avatar :love:

Oh my god he’s so cute and so is your pupper in your avatar :love:
Thanks! That's my other 3 year old rescued girl, Maisy. She does agility, nose work, and sleeps in very awkward positions.

Maisy18.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
I want to promote conservation and all of the animals that nobody loves (as much as cats and dogs).
When I graduate am I allowed to work with you and only work on reptiles? :p They're my favorites and nobody ever seems overly concerned about their welfare