All I want for Christmas is a Dpt acceptance letter....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TravelbugPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi so I should be studying for finals but needed a break...so far I have interviewed with Miami and Belmont and have interviews with Rosalind Franklin, Elon, and Emory in January.. Anyone hear from any of these schools yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi so I should be studying for finals but needed a break...so far I have interviewed with Miami and Belmont and have interviews with Rosalind Franklin, Elon, and Emory in January.. Anyone hear from any of these schools yet?
Yeah Travelbug, I got rejected after my interview at RFUMS.

Members don't see this ad :)
jbizzle. I think you may have told me already. but which touro did you apply to? when did you interview? and when did you get ur acceptance? thanks

jbizzle. I think you may have told me already. but which touro did you apply to? when did you interview? and when did you get ur acceptance? thanks
Hahaha it's all good. I do it all the time. Touro-Bay Shore, b/c probably can't afford living in NYC. They did not request an interview and I got my acceptance E-MAIL on November 4. Received a hard copy a week later. Which campus did you apply to?

Travelbug, How'd you like Belmont. I thought they were a freshman entry only. Maybe I read that wrong. Dang!:confused:

Hahaha it's all good. I do it all the time. Touro-Bay Shore, b/c probably can't afford living in NYC. They did not request an interview and I got my acceptance E-MAIL on November 4. Received a hard copy a week later. Which campus did you apply to?

Travelbug, How'd you like Belmont. I thought they were a freshman entry only. Maybe I read that wrong. Dang!:confused:

Hey jbizzle, absolutely loved Belmont... Not freshman entry.. Only take about 38 but the program, facilities, and faculty were amazing... They post on ptcas that the average gpa is a 3.7 so I am worried..they only had 2 interview dates and interviewed about 120 for which they will send out about 50 acceptances And it is not highly ranked like Miami which I could care less about.. Just seemed like an awesome school and program to spend the next 3 years.. And can I just say I wish I had found this forum way earlier.. But you are the most positive person ever and make me smile.. So glad you have choices because you are going to be an amazing PT!!!!!

jbizzle- applied to touro manhattan. unfortunately havent heard a word yet :/

They post on ptcas that the average gpa is a 3.7 so I am worried...you are the most positive person ever and make me smile..

Yeah I saw that they had 3.7 average which I clicked the back button right away! But you have great stats anyway, not jinxing you!

And me positive??? I just called myself a loser the other day. Anyway, Im over it now. It got dark in Chicago too early for me anyway like 4PM hahaha...not bitter..ok maybe a little.

Yeah I saw that they had 3.7 average which I clicked the back button right away! But you have great stats anyway, not jinxing you!

And me positive??? I just called myself a loser the other day. Anyway, Im over it now. It got dark in Chicago too early for me anyway like 4PM hahaha...not bitter..ok maybe a little.

Chicago weather sucks .. I know, I am from there lol.. And this whole process could make anyone bitter.. This is my first time applying and I am sick over the stress and how much money I have spent.. So hoping for that Christmas present lol.. But if it does not happen this year, giving up is not an option and I will keep trying.. But seriously jbizzle you have an Awesome attitude which I need to borrow lol.. After finals next week

Chicago weather sucks .. I know, I am from there lol.. And this whole process could make anyone bitter.. This is my first time applying and I am sick over the stress and how much money I have spent.. So hoping for that Christmas present lol.. But if it does not happen this year, giving up is not an option and I will keep trying.. But seriously jbizzle you have an Awesome attitude which I need to borrow lol.. After finals next week

HEEEYYY!!!! Enough from you....Don't you have a final to study for lol. C'mon now..get to it. Good luck on it, when is it? Tomorrow? Finals end tomorrow here in Tallahassee. Y'all northerners are weird lol.

HEEEYYY!!!! Enough from you....Don't you have a final to study for lol. C'mon now..get to it. Good luck on it, when is it? Tomorrow? Finals end tomorrow here in Tallahassee. Y'all northerners are weird lol.

Yes, bizzle, finals are over (for me!!!). Tallahassee will now turn into a deadzone. And Travel, I hope to hear something too!! I just had my apps mailed this past Tuesday and Marymount has contacted me wanting my SSN. By reading up on previous posts, I'm thinking I should hear back from them by the 19-20th if they want an interview!! I really hope so!!!:xf:

Yes, bizzle, finals are over (for me!!!). Tallahassee will now turn into a deadzone. And Travel, I hope to hear something too!! I just had my apps mailed this past Tuesday and Marymount has contacted me wanting my SSN. By reading up on previous posts, I'm thinking I should hear back from them by the 19-20th if they want an interview!! I really hope so!!!:xf:

Finals ending means one thing. Academic update! Now we will really see how slow PTCAS is at this point in the cycle. I mail my updated transcript on Monday.

All I want for Christmas is an acceptance letter from NYU. Santa please help me out.

Members don't see this ad :)
jbizzle-your lucky. i dont even start finals until tomorrow. so by the time grades are submitted and transcripts are ready I will be 2 weeks behind you. A good portion of the country will be behind you so with anyluck ptcas will be on their game.

I noticed that a lot of people had finals still coming up next week. Some of the reasons why they had to reschedule some interviews. I guess it-ll be just a handful of people at Shenandoah on Thursday, damn, so nervous.

Hi Travelbug-I interviewed with Miami on November 11, and got an acceptance letter two weeks later. Hope this helps!

Hey DPT hopeful. I noticed you werent accepted to touro and LIU. I have the same stats as you but a lower GRE and less ob hrs, and those schools are at the top of my list. Have any clue why you didnt get in? There werent any interviews right?

camorept- I have no idea. Since being rejected I wrote sincere emails to both programs asking if they could tell me if there were any specifics to my application that deterred them from choosing me. Both programs responded with a resounding no and that I would have to analyze their requirements and my resume and make a self-determination. I am more upset about that than not getting accepted. i feel the least they can do is give me a brief explanation. But anyway... touro does not do interviews, and i did not get one to LIU (idk if they offer interviews to some applicants. hope this helps. pm me if u have any other questions.

Thank you so much. Your answer helped a lot, but it seemed pretty cold of them to just give you a NO. It says something about the people that work there and their overall compassion for the prospective students. Anyway Good luck on your endeavors!

Well I got my Christmas wish early. I found out today that I was accepted to the program I applied to for early admission. It feels good to know.

Good luck to everyone!

All I want for Christmas is a DPT acceptance letter from NYU. Maybe if I keep posting this my wish will come true. COME ONNNNNNNN SANTA, don't let me down now...haha.

Well I got what I wanted: An acceptance letter! From UNF. Slight problem though:

They want a response to me joining/declining their program by Jan 10th
I have an interview at Columbia Jan 14th (and consequently won't know if I'm accepted there or not until Jan 21st or so)

Am I able to contact the school and ask for an extension on my decision? It just seems a little too soon...I think I read somewhere on here of someone with a similar problem but I can't find the thread.

Well I got what I wanted: An acceptance letter! From UNF. Slight problem though:

They want a response to me joining/declining their program by Jan 10th
I have an interview at Columbia Jan 14th (and consequently won't know if I'm accepted there or not until Jan 21st or so)

Am I able to contact the school and ask for an extension on my decision? It just seems a little too soon...I think I read somewhere on here of someone with a similar problem but I can't find the thread.
Hey, I had a problem like that with Touro. There are other threads too on that. I emailed for a week extension and they emailed back asking why I needed it. I told the truth; was waiting for another school and they never got back to me. Anyway, I ended up sending in my deposit. Are they asking for a deposit also? Or just the letter stating your intent? Because I had another school asking for a letter of intent sent 3 weeks after I found out I got accepted, then the deposit was due 2 months later.

All I want for Christmas is an acceptance letter from USC. Hello Santa! Did you get my wish???:D

Hey, I had a problem like that with Touro. There are other threads too on that. I emailed for a week extension and they emailed back asking why I needed it. I told the truth; was waiting for another school and they never got back to me. Anyway, I ended up sending in my deposit. Are they asking for a deposit also? Or just the letter stating your intent? Because I had another school asking for a letter of intent sent 3 weeks after I found out I got accepted, then the deposit was due 2 months later.

Yeah right now they just want a letter of intent sent back to the university. It even has a spot where if you're declining, it asks if it's OK for them to contact you regarding why, which I find a little odd. I'll give them a shout tomorrow though and explain the situation honestly. UNF has rolling admissions until March, so I'm hoping it'll be OK.

Yeah right now they just want a letter of intent sent back to the university. It even has a spot where if you're declining, it asks if it's OK for them to contact you regarding why, which I find a little odd. I'll give them a shout tomorrow though and explain the situation honestly. UNF has rolling admissions until March, so I'm hoping it'll be OK.

Oh, I thought they were asking for the deposit by January 10th. If it's just the letter of intent, i mean it may seem selfish to others, but I would send that in and just wait to send in the deposit.

All I want for Christmas is a DPT acceptance letter from NYU. Maybe if I keep posting this my wish will come true. COME ONNNNNNNN SANTA, don't let me down now...haha.

I'm coming to visit you, if you do-- just so you know. Haha. :) I bet you will get in- you're pretty awesome!!!

I'm coming to visit you, if you do-- just so you know. Haha. :) I bet you will get in- you're pretty awesome!!!

Haha thanks :). I am hoping and praying that I get in, thanks for all the nice comments too. By the way, good choice on picking the schools. I got accepted to Franklin Pierce and didn't get anything but a stupid e-mail. At least send me something in the mail. Know what I mean haha.

hey Travelbug, I interviewed @ Elon on Dec. 3 and I got accepted a week later. However, I submitted my PTCAS app at the end of september and in addition to Elon I applied to Duke, USF, and Western Carolina University. Now I know for a fact that Western won't contact anyone until they've reviewed all applications after the submission date of feb.1st but the other schools I'm not sure of. Anyone have any Ideas?

hey Travelbug, I interviewed @ Elon on Dec. 3 and I got accepted a week later. However, I submitted my PTCAS app at the end of september and in addition to Elon I applied to Duke, USF, and Western Carolina University. Now I know for a fact that Western won't contact anyone until they've reviewed all applications after the submission date of feb.1st but the other schools I'm not sure of. Anyone have any Ideas?

Congrats! I interview at Elon a week from Monday... first day of second semester for me- oh well... What did you think of their program?

Hey waterrboyy33,

Which Franklin pierce campus did you apply to? and when did you apply/get your acceptance? Did you do an interview? I dont remember if they require one..I applied a few days before Dec 15th to the arizona campus..havent heard a word yet. Congrats on your acceptance even if you dont choose to go there. I get what your saying about the impersonal email acceptance...but man Id kill for one of those from any of my schools..they could send a messenger pigeon for all I care. lol

Congrats! I interview at Elon a week from Monday... first day of second semester for me- oh well... What did you think of their program?

Oh I liked it alot. They really gave you the feeling that they are there to help you succeed and be a great P.T. They are moving into new and larger facilities so don't be discouraged by what you initially see. I mean the facilities they are in now aren't bad and the campus itself is beautiful. but again the facilities will be twice as large. There are 14 full time professors that all have alot of experience in the field as well as good on going research. My advice to you is do YOUR research into the faculty members and have some idea of what each one specializes in and research interests. The interviews weren't bad at all. The questions were pretty standard and they always ask if you have any for them so make sure and have some. My only real complaint is price. My undergrad. institute, that I applied to as well for their DPT program, is about 7k a year in tuition where Elon is about 30k a year. Other than that it's a good school with an established program. MPT since 97' and changed to DPT in 2003. Hope any of that helps.

Hey has anyone heard From Duke or USF yet? I submitted my PTCAS app at the end of sept. which should be early enough.

I submitted my PTCAS app. in mid October to USF and am yet to hear back from them as well. I was thinking about calling soon to just make sure my application was received since they are the only school that didn't contact me letting me know if it was.

Hey PT0331, just wanted to let you know that your undergrad has a horrible graduate PT program. They charge you dirt cheap for the program because it's really bad and unprofessional. By far I have had the worst professor ever in my life there and would never recommend this program even to my worst enemy. If you can go to elon, duke, or usf I would strongly advise you to go there over western.

ultimately you will do what's best for you but do you honestly want to be in cullowhee another 3 years? lol

I'm sorry, but were you not just on here a few months ago saying how great the program was?? You actually convinced me to apply there...

Oh I liked it alot. They really gave you the feeling that they are there to help you succeed and be a great P.T. They are moving into new and larger facilities so don't be discouraged by what you initially see. I mean the facilities they are in now aren't bad and the campus itself is beautiful. but again the facilities will be twice as large. There are 14 full time professors that all have alot of experience in the field as well as good on going research. My advice to you is do YOUR research into the faculty members and have some idea of what each one specializes in and research interests. The interviews weren't bad at all. The questions were pretty standard and they always ask if you have any for them so make sure and have some. My only real complaint is price. My undergrad. institute, that I applied to as well for their DPT program, is about 7k a year in tuition where Elon is about 30k a year. Other than that it's a good school with an established program. MPT since 97' and changed to DPT in 2003. Hope any of that helps.

Thanks for the info... I liked what I saw online and it seems they are really supportive but agree the tuition is high.. Plus not sure what I would do til January if I do get in.. Kinda just want to get going on this..good luck on your other choices and ignore the negativity on here.. We all have different reasons for choosing different programs and everyone should appreciate that!

Well unfortunately things went south very fast. I never really liked it all but just convinced myself I did so that I wouldn't feel bad about choosing the wrong problem when I was offered admissions to many great and reputable programs. I'm sorry that I convinced you to apply there and hope you make the decision whether or not to apply based on asking to sit in on a day and touring the school/campus and getting other student's opinions.

Most people in my class were a lot older and only went to this program because it was 2 years and gave them the opportunity to get out soon and so are sticking it out, regardless of horrible faculty and crappy facilitites. Also most live in the area and didn't want to leave.

I am not in the program yet so I can appreciate your view on the matter. However, I have a friend that graduated in 08 and is working in colorado now and still speaks highly of the program. Also, They are moving into brand new and twice as large health sciences building (145000 sq. ft.) starting in August 11' when the DPT program kicks off so that addresses the facilities issues. They are also going to have a free clinic that the DPT students will be able to work out of and will also be working in conjunction with the new gerontology program. On the subject of cullowhee...lol well it's def. not a sprawling metropolis but I've served over 4 years in the Marines as an infantry machine gunner. I've been all over the U.S. and I've traveled to every continent in the world (except Antarctica but don't really care about going there) so I have no fears about being "stuck" in cullowhee. I would like to go to a large, reputable, expensive institution but I can't afford the massive amount of debt that would result. I asked my friends opinion on the matter and this is what he said: " in terms of PT schools...here's my official analysis. i think there's alot of benefit to going to a really good school for reasons such as quality professors, facilities, overall quality of information taught, but...alot of who you are as a PT comes from what you do once you graduate, as in what continuing ed courses you take and what areas you decide to go into in terms of specializing. ive worked with some PT's and students from the University of Colorado PT school and I can see that they had a way better education and are probably better PT's coming out of school than I was, but with taking the right courses in orthopedics/manual therapy, i feel like im just as competitive now. so i guess my thought would be to save the money and the MAJOR DEBT of a more expensive school and just focus on learning as much as possible and then taking quality courses once you get out and are working." Now keep in mind he was in a M.P.T. program when he finished in 08 and Colorado is a D.P.T. program. Anyway, food for thought for those interested. And surferDPT I do appreciate the warning and I'll keep it in mind. When were you at Western?

Thanks for the info... I liked what I saw online and it seems they are really supportive but agree the tuition is high.. Plus not sure what I would do til January if I do get in.. Kinda just want to get going on this..good luck on your other choices and ignore the negativity on here.. We all have different reasons for choosing different programs and everyone should appreciate that!

Thanks, Oh I'm not bothered trust me. Yeah I forgot to mention the Jan 2012 start date was another minus. I didn't really want to take an entire year off either but, worst case, I know I'll have somewhere to go thank God.

Hey has anyone heard From Duke or USF yet? I submitted my PTCAS app at the end of sept. which should be early enough.

I applied to Duke, submitting my app at the beginning of August and recently contacted them because I had not heard. I was told that they had not even looked at my application yet and that they conduct interviews through the beginning of March :(. So it may be a while...

jmsctemt,
guess we're in the same boat, I haven't heard back either :/ But we gotta keep our fingers crossed!:xf:

jmsctemt,
guess we're in the same boat, I haven't heard back either :/ But we gotta keep our fingers crossed!:xf:

dustyroadrunner,

Have you applied elsewhere/heard back from anywhere else??? I'm def keeping my fingers crossed!!! :xf:

dustyroadrunner,

Have you applied elsewhere/heard back from anywhere else??? I'm def keeping my fingers crossed!!! :xf:

I've applied to UC-Denver (rejected) and LSU-Shreveport (Interviewed yesterday)...waiting to hear from Duke, Northern Arizona and Pacific U. (NAU and Pac U. both said I wouldn't hear anything until late Jan/early Feb.)

I've applied to UC-Denver (rejected) and LSU-Shreveport (Interviewed yesterday)...waiting to hear from Duke, Northern Arizona and Pacific U. (NAU and Pac U. both said I wouldn't hear anything until late Jan/early Feb.)

I was accepted into Emory, interview at UNC on the 22nd, turned down an interview from Temple and am waiting on Elon, Med Univ of SC and Duke. We'll see what happens, but the wait makes me anxious. Idk exactly what Duke looks for, but I have a 3.2 cumulative GPA, 3.1 prereq, 1220 GRE (700 quantitative, 520 verbal, 4.5 writing).

I was accepted into Emory, interview at UNC on the 22nd, turned down an interview from Temple and am waiting on Elon, Med Univ of SC and Duke. We'll see what happens, but the wait makes me anxious. Idk exactly what Duke looks for, but I have a 3.2 cumulative GPA, 3.1 prereq, 1220 GRE (700 quantitative, 520 verbal, 4.5 writing).

awesome! Congrats on the acceptance and good luck on the interview at UNC! I'm nervous about my low GRE (430v, 530q, 3aw) but hope my GPA (3.73c, 3.8 math/sci) and extracurriculars make up for it...guess we'll see!