All I want for Christmas is to be an SDN Angel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diosa428

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was thinking... it's the holidays, and we're all out there buying presents for loved ones (and, in some cases, not-so-loved ones), so why not buy our friend SDN a present too? It only costs $20 to become an angel ($7.50 to become a donor if you're strapped for cash) and the extra support would help prevent crashes (which lead to panic attacks and mental breakdowns) like we all experienced the other day. So I think we should see how many people we can get to jump on the bandwagon and sign up to be an SDN angel or donor by New Year's day. All you have to do is click on the link at the very top of the page and have a credit card or checking account (you will have to sign up for paypal if you don't already have an account, but it's free). Who's with me? DO IT!

Members don't see this ad.

I second the motion!!! :thumbup:

I wonder if it is possible to pay to be an angel, but to keep the donor icon. I like that one a lot better! :p

Members don't see this ad :)
BrettBatchelor said:
I know one SDNer has both the angel and donor.

Probably they donated twice, once at each level. Does the donation expire? I'm planning to donate an the angel level if it ever does.

tacrum43 said:
Probably they donated twice, once at each level. Does the donation expire? I'm planning to donate an the angel level if it ever does.

They are good for one year.

tkim6599 said:
They are good for one year.

Thanks. I thought one year seemed right.

tkim6599 said:
Just wanted to add, that because of people donations, we're getting this server installed soon.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I know nothing about servers, absolutely nothing, but I must repeat, :eek:

tkim6599 said:
Just wanted to add, that because of people donations, we're getting this server installed soon.

What? No dual dual-core Opteron?

LOL! The Tyan 2895 is a great board. I've got a K8WE system with 2GB RAM running my web, email, FTP, etc. serving duties.

Enjoy it!

ShyRem said:
I became an angel when the server smoked last time...

me too!! I figure, you can't complain if you're not trying to help out!

On another note... Is this really useful?:

NEC Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive - OEM :confused:

tkim6599 said:

Ok totally off topic, but your avatar is kinda gross.

amandil said:
On another note... Is this really useful?:

NEC Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive - OEM :confused:
I was wondering the same thing!!! :confused:

:laugh:

Ok, back to the original subject - let's see some more support!

gujuDoc said:
Ok totally off topic, but your avatar is kinda gross.

it's the cover art for "Heart Failure", a book whose online version is linked to in the useful links sticky on the first page. it's a very interesting book which can be read in a couple ways: once just following an MS3 through his year, and a second time through really reading all the appendices. those appendices easily double the length of the main text, and each section is well-referenced. (MPH work, perhaps?)

anyways, i highly suggest going to check it out after finals are over. i ended up buying a copy of it off of Amazon to have a hard copy...

BrettBatchelor said:
HAHAHA...just in case of another crash they will have the server backed up on 1000 floppy disks lying around lee's house.
I had the same image of a huge pile of disks as well! :laugh: :laugh:

tkim6599 said:
Heh, just what do you think it is?

It's a labcoat on fire, isn't it?