All Inorganic Chemistry Courses in Summer Session?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Palindromedrome

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone! I am seeing some universities put all 2 or 3 inorganic chemistry courses in one summer session. Do you think they are considered acceptable for the premed one-year chemistry? Isn't it needed to be one full year, at least two semesters? Thank you much for your time and response!

Members don't see this ad.

Yea they need to be done in two separate semesters. They put all of it in one session in case someone is missing one of the 2 classes in the sequence.

Reactions: 1 user
Conversely I know my university offers a condensed course that covers all the same material but runs two mini semesters. It would be equivalent to the typical orgo offered.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the quick response! Is a summer session equivalent to a semester? I see the university crams all three inorganic chemistry courses into one summer session, only 3 months. It means one course only lasts one month?!

When you say one summer session do you mean it's one class, one course code? Or is it two separate classes of a few weeks each back to back within one summer? The latter does satisfy the required "year" of that prereq.

Hi Efle, thank you so much for your reply. It is the latter. The university manages to arrange three different courses into one summer session, general chemistry I, II, and III. I think it equates to one "year" of general chemistry. I just still have some doubts.

Hi Efle, thank you so much for your reply. It is the latter. The university manages to arrange three different courses into one summer session, general chemistry I, II, and III. I think it equates to one "year" of general chemistry. I just still have some doubts.
That will satisfy the 1 year req. I did general physics in a summer, same deal where it counted as a full year but only took about 10 weeks (two halves, 4-5 weeks each)

I did orgo 1 and 2 in 10 weeks. Why would you do easy-chem in the summer?