Quantcast

All long island university pharmacy students click here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seka

Reaction score
Now that I got your attention, I need your help (more like experience & advice)

I applied to both LIU pre-pharm & another university that does not have pharm. (Don't want to give the name out as I am paranoid) for their Bachelor's/Masters in chem

I was thinking.....Is it possible to (relations and schedule wise) attend the other Uni for two years (completing all the reqs for pre-pharm). Then attend both LIU and the other uni?

Do you think it will be ok with both schools?

Is it possible for the schedules to be like this?

Mon-Tues - Pharm classes
Wed - break, Free day
Thurs-Fri - Other Uni's Chem program

*If you don't mind* Could all of those who graduated or are attending give me a rough sketch of your schedule?

This last bit is important. I'm curious as to what amount of days they give you pharm classes and what times

EDIT: Please, I would kindly ask those not to get around the question [I just know that someone will ask me why I am going to the other uni for the chem :) ]

Seka

Reaction score
Mods, can you please move this to the general pharmacy section

I got like 36 views and no replies. I'm getting the feeling no one comes here anymore

naseuy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that I got your attention, I need your help (more like experience & advice)

I applied to both LIU pre-pharm & another university that does not have pharm. (Don't want to give the name out as I am paranoid) for their Bachelor's/Masters in chem

I was thinking.....Is it possible to (relations and schedule wise) attend the other Uni for two years (completing all the reqs for pre-pharm). Then attend both LIU and the other uni?

Do you think it will be ok with both schools?

Is it possible for the schedules to be like this?

Mon-Tues - Pharm classes
Wed - break, Free day
Thurs-Fri - Other Uni's Chem program

*If you don't mind* Could all of those who graduated or are attending give me a rough sketch of your schedule?

This last bit is important. I'm curious as to what amount of days they give you pharm classes and what times

EDIT: Please, I would kindly ask those not to get around the question [I just know that someone will ask me why I am going to the other uni for the chem :) ]

Classes at LIU run from M-F mostly during the day, the earliest class could start at 8 and the latest at 5.

CutiePutie

Super Nerd
Reaction score
If you start attending the other university first, you have to keep in mind that you might not be accepted into LIU 4 year pharmD program. You would have to reapply and as a transfer student it is very competitive to get in!!!
Good Luck