1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

All May 15th 2008 Applicants! Good Luck!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by OMFS08, May 14, 2008.

1. OMFS08

OMFS08 Tooth Extractornator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Just wanted to see who is applying starting tomorrow. I will be up at 12am! who is with me!!!!! cheers!!:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Predentknight

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
  3. jlee1986

10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    will it actually open right at midnight tonight?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Zerconia2921

Zerconia2921 Bring your A-game!
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Its already open I am about to send my application off right now. :cool: j.k.

5. masksof2004

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Are you guys in school right now... or already graduated??? so... the point that i am trying to get to is, if you are in a middle of a semester or a quarter with midterms and term papers hovering over u... how are u guys managing it? is it that you do not care about ur grades this quarter/semester... since once the application is turned in, the grades for this semester do not matter???

For students who are in school right now... how r u all managaing it? i have like 4 midterms and a 7 page paper due by next tuesday... and i dont think i m going to work on the apps till next tuesday!!

-masksof2004

6. War Eagle

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I'm staying up too. It opens at midnight eastern time right? That means I'll get to start at 10. Yesssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

7. SayAahh

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Relax, it's not a biggie. These over-excited sdn'ers starting at 12am will have their app sent to dental schools at the same time as you starting 1 week later. What'dya know??! :p

8. jigabodo

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Some people got last year's application and went on and finished it beforehand.

9. BioMaxDDS

BioMaxDDS It will come true
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    GOOD LUCK to everyone applying this year.

10. Deontologist

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    38 minutes to gooo....!! Are y'all submitting it right away...or wait for couple of days till transcripts reach them...!!

11. rollredroll

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    i'm awake and ready!

12. War Eagle

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I'm mailing my transcripts tomorrow. I don't think I'll submit right away since I'll be tired. I think I'll wake up, proofread, and then submit.

13. snooper92

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Guys,

Can you tell me how to get a user name and password on for the ADSAAS application? I was told that there is a way to create an account. Do you have to join ADEA? Please help!!

14. DrSmiles12

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Last year the aadsas webpage didn't work until 7pm eastern time...

15. Deontologist

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I have same questions....How do I get the username and password

16. oviedolion

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I have the same question.

17. War Eagle

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    You can't get a username and password until the link for the 2009 cycle is available. If the app doesn't open until 7 pm like smiles said it did last year, we may as well go to bed.

18. rollredroll

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    here's a question. when the app opens will it tell me where to have my transcript sent? also, do i only need to have 1 copy sent? thanks.

19. trixie2126

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Has the AADSAS opened for anybody else? I'm central time so it should be open now (11pm), but it's still the 2008 one.

Is it not going to work?

20. doc3232

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    We don't have to finish it the first day, do we?
    How long would you say that we have?

21. osimsDDS

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    You cant submit your application until June 1st I thought so anyways staying up tonight would not matter. Since I am on the West coast I tried setting up at least an account but it doesnt seem to work. Oh well ill just try tomorrow...

22. Deontologist

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Damn AADSAS...!! I see another sleepless night before me.....!!

23. War Eagle

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    You can submit it before June 1st, but AADSAS won't send it out until then. The sooner you get it and your transcripts in, the sooner everything gets verified and sent out. Not worth staying up all night though.

24. samdds

samdds I have faith in myself
    5+ Year Member

Dentist
    Based on what I remember, AADSAS did not open right at midnight. I suggest everyone to go to sleep early and work on it tomorrow. It's not gonna make a huge difference. Good luck guys.

25. OMFS08

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yes guys, please stay calm. I am taking time to ensure everything is on point. Will submit maybe June 1st. Good luck!

26. CUDental

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Good luck to everyone who's applying! Here's to hoping my school actually gets my transcript sent in a timely fashion...

27. TerpFan

5+ Year Member

Dental Student

#27 TerpFan, May 15, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  28. OMFS08

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    App 90% done! Submitted LOR's references and printed Transcript matching form. Whats the progress guys anybody's app completed?

29. marscole

marscole Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Count on me... ;)

30. eternalxdemon

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    waiting to figure out the committee lor... so confusing... i'm using an lor service at school... and well... i'm lost... sigh.. i have to wait til tomrorow to talk to the lady... grrrrrrr. i want the app submitted already. does anyone know how important it is to submit the secondaries asap? cuz i'll be out of the country til mid july and the dentist i was working with was teasing me about how i would be filling out secondaries out of the country... :confused: any help?

31. OMFS08

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I went to speak to my preprofessional society at school and they explained that comittee LOR process and I opted out. It is too tedious and takes way too long. I would say go through AADSAS process instead. Try to do everything electronically if possible. As far as the secondaries, the schools that require them will not complete your process until they have that information so you may want to re-consider leaving the country (if you can). :)

32. eternalxdemon

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    everything's paid for... sigh... oh well. vacation then come back to deal with secondaries. :) thanks for lettin me know :p

33. DRHOYA

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I had my PS all ready to go this morning, filled out the whole thing......requested school to send transcript, which they said should go out tomorrow. oooooooo baby...just have to kill the DAT now. :rolleyes:

34. eternalxdemon

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    gl with that! :)

35. EnamelCoating

EnamelCoating Hello.
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    AADSAS has been down for me everytime I have tried to go to the site today.

36. eternalxdemon

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    have you tried going to their new site? if you have the site saved as a bookmark... they've updated it from last year's app, i think. but here's the link to the new site....

https://portal.aadsasweb.org/

gl on apps! :)

37. EnamelCoating

EnamelCoating Hello.
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    yeah....haha... stupid me. I had booked marked it and didn't know they have a brand new link for 2009. I figured it out after doing some google searching, thanks for the link though.

Souldn't be a big deal since we can't submit it until June 1st. So thats why I don't get how people are saying that their app is fully completed?

38. eternalxdemon

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    iono when we can submit it.... but maybe ppl mean they have everything there... they just have to hit submit on june 1st.

39. DrSmiles12

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    You can submit it before June 1st. The application won't leave before June 1st, but the sooner you finish it the better because aadsas does applications in waves or batches. Depending on how many people submit between now and June 1st there could be enough for two batches, and if thats the case the people who submit earlier have a slight advantage as their apps will be sent out in the first wave.

Really its splitting hairs, getting your app submitted this early is good enough I would say.

40. OMFS08

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I am in the exact same position minus the PS. Wooohooo!!

41. Frederico Albin

Frederico Albin Yes thats my bulldog :)
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Good Luck to all of you guys. I still have 2 more years of undergrad. :(

42. War Eagle

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Sign up for an account so you can see what they have on the application. Fill it out and save it to your computer (don't waste your time filling coursework). Then next year when you apply, you'll have a bunch of it done already that you can just copy and paste. It will also give you an idea of what you can improve that will show up on your app.

43. OMFS08

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks for the encouragement. Try not to rush to get out of undergrad, try to enjoy the experience. Go ahead and sign up for an account to see what it entails. The better prepared you are the smoother the process is. Good Luck!