All Other GPA, How Much Weight?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BruinBear13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I will cut right to the chase.
My stats: cGPA: 3.65, BCPM: 3.75, AO: 3.33 with upward trend in cGPA and strong upward trend in BCPM. MCAT: 33Q (13BS, 12PS, 8VR).

Although I do believe to have good research experience, extra-curricular activities, LORs and some unique attributes, I am afraid that my AO GPA and verbal score might kill my chances at higher ranked schools (UCSD, UCLA ...)
I am a California resident.

Thank you for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

My stats: cGPA: 3.65, BCPM: 3.75, AO: 3.33 with upward trend in cGPA and strong upward trend in BCPM. MCAT: 33Q (13BS, 12PS, 8VR).

Although I do believe to have good research experience, extra-curricular activities, LORs and some unique attributes, I am afraid that my AO GPA and verbal score might kill my chances at higher ranked schools (UCSD, UCLA ...)

They don't really care about all other, just science and cumulative GPA and they seem to be fine. Your verbal is a little low. You can check the MSAR to see the 10th percentile of schools you're interested in to see how it will affect you.

Hello everyone,

the AO GPA is borderline irrelevant. your cGPA and sGPA are the important ones, and they book look great.

your 33 MCAT is very good, but that 8 in verbal might be a slight issue, but i won't worry much about it.