All secondaries at once or when I finish?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nookular

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to 14 schools all over the country. Currently waiting for primary to get verified. Since some schools send their secondaries right away when you submit your primary, and some take a while, plus some secondaries are huge, and some are non-existant (um...cinci.. am I missing something!?) I am going to be finishing my secondaries over the next few weeks and am wondering if I should submit each one when I finish it or wait and do them all at the same time.

I know this sounds dumb, and I should be so lucky, but what if I get an acceptance to a school I'm not crazy about, have 2 weeks to decide if I want to go there, but a rejection/acceptance from a school I like a lot more is weeks away?

Ex: Some schools first acceptances go out Oct 15... some MARCH 15th... thats a big difference...

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying to 14 schools all over the country. Currently waiting for primary to get verified. Since some schools send their secondaries right away when you submit your primary, and some take a while, plus some secondaries are huge, and some are non-existant (um...cinci.. am I missing something!?) I am going to be finishing my secondaries over the next few weeks and am wondering if I should submit each one when I finish it or wait and do them all at the same time.

I know this sounds dumb, and I should be so lucky, but what if I get an acceptance to a school I'm not crazy about, have 2 weeks to decide if I want to go there, but a rejection/acceptance from a school I like a lot more is weeks away?

Ex: Some schools first acceptances go out Oct 15... some MARCH 15th... thats a big difference...

Thanks!

You should submit as you finish. The sooner the better - its advantageous to be reviewed/interviewed early.

And as far as multiple acceptances - its not like college. An acceptance contract (or whatever they send you to sign and accept the acceptance) is not binding. You may accept as many offers as you like up until May 15th - on May 15th you have to withdra from all but one school.

So if you get accepted by an iffy school early just accept it. Then when you get another one later accept that too. If you know you'd rather attend the second school over the first then at that point, withdraw your acceptance from school 1. If you're not sure which one you want to attend then you can go ahead and way until May 15th to decide and let them know.

Definitely submit as you go. Don't worry about the acceptance thing, it will be a good problem to have.

Submitting all your secondaries simultaneously is not going to solve your problem. Schools don't sift through applications, grant interviews, offer acceptances or do ANYTHING at the same rate universally.