all vs osteo numbers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peehdee

don't have one
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Allopathic (23 Viewing) 6,797(threads) 61,248(posts)

Osteopathic (3 Viewing) 4,892(threads) 61,420(posts)

are there more osteopath students in the country? how come ther eare just about the same number of links/threads are there in the allopath and osteopath?

or do osteopaths like forums more?

:p

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! You have created the most pointless thread of the week.

Members don't see this ad :)
peehdee said:
osteopaths like forums more?

Maybe my allo collegues are just busier... :p

JOKE-JOKE-JOKE, bf I get flammed

The osteopathic forum has a lot of threads dedicated to a particular school and class. I haven't noticed a lot of those in the allo forum.

kappasigMD41 said:
Congrats! You have created the most pointless thread of the week.

why, thank you **bows**

Keep in mind also that originally sdn was orginally a DO resource page, so in the beginning there were a larger than representative number of osteopaths on the site.

We DO's are here to look at the pictures. Hey....I just past 500 posts!

stoic said:
Keep in mind also that originally sdn was orginally a DO resource page, so in the beginning there were a larger than representative number of osteopaths on the site.

Dam, you smart, Stoic.

Do you have to be an osteo/pre-osteo student to post in their forums? I don't think so. I don't think there is any way to tell how many pre/DOs/MDs there are in these forums by numbers of postings on this site (or in the nation for that matter), because as far as we know 7 year old kids from Delaware could be doing all the posting.

yposhelley said:
Dam, you smart, Stoic.

Do you have to be an osteo/pre-osteo student to post in their forums? I don't think so. I don't think there is any way to tell how many pre/DOs/MDs there are in these forums by numbers of postings on this site (or in the nation for that matter), because as far as we know 7 year old kids from Delaware could be doing all the posting.

ok this isn't a research study that is going to be published you fool. OBVIOUSLY a 7 y/o could be posting all the posts for all we know, but more often than not the DO threads are mostly ran and responsed by ostep's/pre-osteo's-- this is clearly a gneralization but i think that is the intent of the post. Now the allo thread may have a combination of responses by both oste's and allo's; however, i think it is safe to make the generalization that most allos have very little to do in the osteo forums :D

HiddenTruth said:
ok this isn't a research study that is going to be published you fool. OBVIOUSLY a 7 y/o could be posting all the posts for all we know, but more often than not the DO threads are mostly ran and responsed by ostep's/pre-osteo's-- this is clearly a gneralization but i think that is the intent of the post. Now the allo thread may have a combination of responses by both oste's and allo's; however, i think it is safe to make the generalization that most allos have very little to do in the osteo forums :D

I thought Stoic's comment was interesting (I didn't realize that SDN was originally created for DOs...)

As for the rest of my post, I think you missed an obvious joke. Fool? Making a hypothesis or conclusion that because more pre-DOs/DOs post on SDN than do MDs, it means there are more DOs in the nation than there are MDs is the definition of foolish (and of course couldn't be further from the truth :rolleyes: ). If anything, you are a fool for not realizing this, and for not realizing that of course no one is taking this thread seriously to begin with. But thanks for flaming me, it tickled. :)

There's more DO's because we're slackers who don't study and we spend all our time on the internet...remember?

;)

(disclaimer: I am being sarcastic :idea: )

peehdee said:
Allopathic (23 Viewing) 6,797(threads) 61,248(posts)

Osteopathic (3 Viewing) 4,892(threads) 61,420(posts)

are there more osteopath students in the country? how come ther eare just about the same number of links/threads are there in the allopath and osteopath?

or do osteopaths like forums more?

:p
I imagine that many of the posts are from people (like me) who are exploring both Allopathic and Osteopathic options.