all who already took DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ippie

ippie
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could you post the topic of the reading section on the real DAT?
I am really scared about reading. --
Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much!

Members don't see this ad.

hey, I took DAT recently and my topics were on science., I'm so glad that I didnt get the marketing one. The first one was something about calcium , the second one aging, and the last one antibiotics. Dont worry about it, english is my second language and I still managed to get a 20 !! Just relax and focus. :)

I took the DAT today and had the same passages as mahGol. It was really very easy - you just have to look for the term being asked about in the question in the passage. Nothing tricky, although some require more thought than others. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
ippie said:
Could you post the topic of the reading section on the real DAT?
I am really scared about reading. --
Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much!

I took my last year... Reading was the easiest of all sections.
I had a neurobiology essay, a finance essay and a Biochemistry essay.

Finance was the hardest and I just looked for key words within the passage.

Cancer onconogenes, finance (easy) and autonomic nervous system. Questions were not straighforward but not impossible. Good luck

mahGOL said:
hey, I took DAT recently and my topics were on science., I'm so glad that I didnt get the marketing one. The first one was something about calcium , the second one aging, and the last one antibiotics. Dont worry about it, english is my second language and I still managed to get a 20 !! Just relax and focus. :)

I had the same topics

Hey, could you guys be a little more specific on the topic? I want to read a little bit more about the topic before the test day. I know that you guys might not remember everything (especially the finance one) but maybe some key things about the aging, and biochem one. Thanks for the replies though.

mahGOL said:

Hi. English is the second language for me too. How did you prepare for the english part of DAT and did so well. Will you tel me about it. Congrats on your scores. Great job.
thanks
Parastoo

I can only remember one section on MRI and CAT scans. It sucked.
-C

parastoosh said:
Hi. English is the second language for me too. How did you prepare for the english part of DAT and did so well. Will you tel me about it. Congrats on your scores. Great job.
thanks
Parastoo

salam parastoo joon, I didnt do much for preparing since I knew nothing can change my speed, I'm just a slow reader and couldnt score anything higher than 17 on practice ones. But what I did on DAT was to read 4 to 5 questions at a time and write the key word of each question down and then look for all of them. So as I was going through the passage I was able to find the answer of many of them at once, this saved me a lot of time. This method worked the best for me you just need to find the write one using your practice exams, other than that I dont know how one could improve her writing in few months !
Good luck, I'm sure you will do do great as like other persians ;)

my reading section topics were : cancer oncogenes, finance, and autonomic nervous system. The questions are all straight forward. THe finance one had questions that asked me for formulas that were stated in the passage. all in all, nothing impossible to handle. read the question, look for the answer!

suthar@musc said:
my reading section topics were : cancer oncogenes, finance, and autonomic nervous system. The questions are all straight forward. THe finance one had questions that asked me for formulas that were stated in the passage. all in all, nothing impossible to handle. read the question, look for the answer!
Thanks, continue please...