all you pitt waitlisters...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kayw028

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how their waitlist works? If we can find out where we are on it? Or if it helps to call/write/beg???

Members don't see this ad.

I called them up and they said that they don't disclose any information about where you fall on the waitlist so we just have to sit back and wait. Kind of frustrating though

I've no idea... I did send them a rec tho because I wanted to apply for their scholarship...it seems that's impossible post-WL

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you still supposed to turn in the financial aid froms even though you are waitlisted?? I know the due date is coming up soon.

Originally posted by jas2346
Are you still supposed to turn in the financial aid froms even though you are waitlisted?? I know the due date is coming up soon.

I imagine so, since they sent the E-mail saying you could apply for financial aid without being accepted. I guess I am going to do the forms, but I don't know if I am going to send them anything else.

Do you guys think it is the kiss of death if I don't send some letter indicating my continued interest or something, since probably a lot of waitlisters will declare them their first choice? I don't want to be dishonest and say that I will drop what I am doing and go there, because eventually I am going to have to get an apartment elsewhere.

Originally posted by Sean2tall

Do you guys think it is the kiss of death if I don't send some letter indicating my continued interest or something, since probably a lot of waitlisters will declare them their first choice? I don't want to be dishonest and say that I will drop what I am doing and go there, because eventually I am going to have to get an apartment elsewhere.

exactly. i'm willing to wait for a while, but i don't want to be committed to them to wait until the end of the summer, i'll just go somewhere else.

The waitlist is ranked so I dont think a LOI will help after you are waitlisted. It may help if you send it immediately after your interview, but I dont think Pitt is a school to give them much weight in either case.

Yup, Just got my waitlist in the mail. Hopefully there is as much movement as everyone says their is.