Alliant MA Psych Program in Mexico City?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Em13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been researching the MA Psych Counseling program at Alliant International University at the Mexico City campus - and wondered if anyone has attended or has any information about the program....professors? class size? difficulty of getting jobs and/or further education after?

Most of what I have read about the Alliant campuses in general has been pretty negative, but I have yet to hear anything specifically about the Mexico City campus and MA program. By directly looking the Mexico City Campus website it seems to have some great aspects - multicultural influence, cosmopolitan location, affordable, campus clinic for practice. However, I would love to hear an outsider's experience.

Thanks for any help/advice - will be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I have been researching the MA Psych Counseling program at Alliant International University at the Mexico City campus - and wondered if anyone has attended or has any information about the program....professors? class size? difficulty of getting jobs and/or further education after?

Most of what I have read about the Alliant campuses in general has been pretty negative, but I have yet to hear anything specifically about the Mexico City campus and MA program. By directly looking the Mexico City Campus website it seems to have some great aspects - multicultural influence, cosmopolitan location, affordable, campus clinic for practice. However, I would love to hear an outsider's experience.

Thanks for any help/advice - will be much appreciated.

Even if the Alliant campus in Mexico City turned out to be a world-class program, it probably won't be enough to break free of the Alliant stigma in the job market. Not that you should decline a program just because of a name, just that getting master's-level counseling jobs (and getting into Ph.D. programs) can be difficult to begin with, and having Alliant on your resume won't help things.

If you have the financial ability to study internationally, why would you pick Alliant? There are plenty of counseling psych programs at schools with better reputations.

Even if the Alliant campus in Mexico City turned out to be a world-class program, it probably won't be enough to break free of the Alliant stigma in the job market. Not that you should decline a program just because of a name, just that getting master's-level counseling jobs (and getting into Ph.D. programs) can be difficult to begin with, and having Alliant on your resume won't help things.

If you have the financial ability to study internationally, why would you pick Alliant? There are plenty of counseling psych programs at schools with better reputations.

+1

Alliant is known as a diploma mill. Its hard enough to get a job with a master's level degree in counseling psychology--why shoot yourself in the foot by attending a non-reputable program? The reputation alone should make you run, not walk, away from this program. Another thing to consider---these programs are great at marketing themselves and engage in false advertising so just be very careful and do not buy everything you hear from them.

Have you decided anything yet Em13? I have been researching the same thing and have not found any reviews positive or negative about the Mexico City program. I have only found negative reviews about Alliant in general, including all Professional Schools. I have no idea what to do...