Allopathic School Specific Thread Suggestion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Do you like the proposed change

• Total voters

slopes23

Parlors & Poop Shoots
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to make a sub-sub thread? Mods I am speaking to you. As you well know the allopathic specific sub-forum looks really unorganized, and it kind of difficult to find anything as half of it is 2014 stuff, and other half is 2015 stuff.

Proposal: Make a sub forum within Allopathic school specific discussion by requiring the user to choose what application year they wish to view, then within that application year you put the schools individual thread.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

It's seriously a huge mess just tossing in all the 2014-15 threads in with no real ability to sort or separate them from 2013-14. Seems like it could've been so easy to put in different year sections and keep an easier ability to reference back to previous app years, not sure why the mods haven't implemented this already...

Make sure you cast your vote even if you do not reply directly to the thread!

Members don't see this ad :)
We're aware of the problem and are working on making a separate forum for the new 2014-2015 threads.

Reactions: 9 users
We're aware of the problem and are working on making a separate forum for the new 2014-2015 threads.

Awesome thanks, I just figured this would be a good solution even if only temporary depending on what grand plans you all have, as I know it takes about 10 seconds to make a new sub-sub forum. And @gettheleadout would be able to focus his efforts on moving the threads he already made to that forum sooner than later, and make the rest of the new threads for this year directly into it, to save from redundant work later down the line.

Last edited:
Awesome thanks, I just figured this would be a good solution even if only temporary depending on what grand plans you all have, as I know it takes about 10 seconds to make a new sub-sub forum. And @gettheleadout would be able to focus his efforts on moving the threads he already made to that forum sooner than later, and make the rest of the new threads for this year directly into it, to save from redundant work later down the line.

All the threads for this year have been created. The 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 threads will be in separate forums shortly.

It's seriously a huge mess just tossing in all the 2014-15 threads in with no real ability to sort or separate them from 2013-14. Seems like it could've been so easy to put in different year sections and keep an easier ability to reference back to previous app years, not sure why the mods haven't implemented this already...
The ability to create the subforum is reserved for top-level SDN administrators, and those are individuals with active careers and less free time than the rest of us. As we didn't have the subforum ready by the first day of AMCAS submission, the choice was to either move the threads in to the current SSD forum and have them mixed, or not have them up at all until later. That was my call and I figured people would rather have them available and mixed rather than not at all.

When the subforum is created, I will be able to split the threads up very easily, don't worry.

Reactions: 1 users