Allowed to do Premed Class Postbacc if your premed classes expired?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LongApple

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Say it's been 10 years since you took the premed classes. Now your career office tells you that you need to retake them to apply to medical school.

Say you want to do a postbacc that is focused on the premed classes such as Brynn Marr.

Does this type of postbacc even consider your application, or do they look at your transcript and say "You have the premed classes already, you're applying to the wrong type of program" ?

Members don't see this ad.

Is your career office even right? What do the schools you are applying to say?

Reactions: 1 user
Is your career office even right? What do the schools you are applying to say?

Right? I wonder myself. But regardless of what the medical schools will say, I am not sure the postbacc programs would like to take people who have premed classes on their transcript

That's what I really want to find out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Right? I wonder myself. But regardless of what the medical schools will say, I am not sure the postbacc programs would like to take people who have premed classes on their transcript

That's what I really want to find out.
Most medical schools want the prerequisite classes done within 5 years. I am sure a formal postbacc/SMP would admit you being that the classes were a decade ago and you probably don’t remember squat.

Alternatively, you can always DIY postbacc.

Reactions: 1 user
Each school is different. Some programs are specifically not for GPA repair i.e. those students who have previously attempted the coursework. Other programs don't care as long as you pay them.

Your best bet is to ask each school instead of asking people here.

And it's Bryn Mawr